Thread: Careful with your Micra at roundabouts!

Thanks

Talking Careful with your Micra at roundabouts!

Name:  micra-roundabout.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  71.7 KB
    A K11 Micra that's seen better days.

I'm subscribed to Google email alerts for Micra news to keep up to date with what's going on with the Canadian launch.

But I also get a surprising number of news reports from the UK (where the Micra is apparently simultaneously quite popular and the subject of scorn as a "pensioners car", if Twitter is any indication).

Most of the UK reports are along the lines of this one: Micra traffic accident! There seems to be a wall theme - last week, an unattended Micra rolled down a hill and smacked into a garden stone wall.

One of my favourites was about a guy who used his Micra to bash open the doors of a bank to rob it after hours.

Let this be a warning not to become a Micra Google Alert!

---

Link to the roundabout story: http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/mo...rash-1-6026694

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Haha, this is true. I'm also signed up for Micra alerts... there seems to be a lot of people driving Micras into a lot of buildings in the UK... I'm not sure what the reason.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    But I also get a surprising number of news reports from the UK (where the Micra is apparently simultaneously quite popular and the subject of scorn as a "pensioners car", if Twitter is any indication).
    I don't understand the negative connotation to pensioners. Obviously, a pensioner is a person who needs to be careful with their money and therefore makes careful, wise purchases. Besides, we'll all be so lucky as to become pensioners one day.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    True on all points.

The main jab against pensioners & their Micras is they're "rolling roadblocks". That might be the most frequent topic in non-corporate tweets about the Micra.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...