Thread: Bye-bye summer tires...

Bye-bye summer tires...

Today I removed my summer rims and rubber. My Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R 225/50R16s' have served me well.
    About 8,000km on them and there is not as much wear as expected.
    Actually my outside edge has more wear then the inside.
    So, I had them flipped. They are rotational. There is no inside or outside. As long as they all face >>>>.
    I should be able to do this and switch my tire front to rear 3 more times . At least. And that's at only 30psi.

They were rebalanced. Dynamic and static we're all basically 0. ( static on 1-2 was >0.012 dynamic 0.00 all around- dynamic matters most )

I must have thrown a weight cuz my fronts were way off. Which was the intermittent viberations/wobble I felt in my steering wheel. Which makes sense.

I going to be adjusting my alignment settings come spring. Need more camber. My car looks like it has a decent camber and should have more with it loaded up. But there is like 3/4-1" of tire that looks completely new. Still with a bit of rubber nipples on the edge. And 90% of the measurable wear is in the 2" of the outside edge.

But man did I notice a difference going back to stock.
    Tire squeal, slip, and rotation. That rear end can sure get moving in the greasy rain.
    I have to admit that my falken ze950 205/50R16 really is a middle ground between stock and street legal dot spec comp tires.

I now have 4 sets of tires for this car. My new/used winter tires are toyo observe gsi-5(with crushed walnut, umm yum ) 195/65R15 will be going on when the temp is below (or projected below 5C ) or if a ice/snow storm is gonna roll in.

I took my summers off now because it getting really close to single digits and soft compound tires don't like cold. Even in storage. Below 9C the compound can get hard and become brittle. Next season they can crack. And I mean big cracks. Like sidewalk type cracks. I wish I touch a picture of this one guys Michelin pilot super sport for his camero.
    He didn't listen and tire less then a full year old are cooked. Looked like a cracked desert floor. I don't want that to happen so these puppies are coming inside the house. Probably going to be my night stand for the winter. Lol

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by IMPUL; 09-26-2016 at 08:13 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...