Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Owner - Old member ha ha

Thanks

New Owner - Old member ha ha

Well, after SOME TIME, we finally have our little micra purchased. I pick it up tomorrow! can't wait!

its an 2015 SR with 6000km on it....SO brand new really! its fresh powder color is really nice too. There are a yaffle of goodies going on it ASAP! I had about 15k worth of extras on my Jeep that I traded straight up for the micra.

Can't wait for the 4 times better gas milage either. going from 14-18L/100km to 4.5-6.0L/100km is going to be great for travelling!

Thanks
    Hey, congrats!

That's gotta be some kind of record around here for longest time between "test drive" (2014?) and purchase.

I assume the rental you had on the Cabot Trail back then was not the SR. Slightly sharper handling with the different tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah, it was the sv. I am adding larger tires...I think 205/50/16s fit with aftermarket wheels on the car....I hope. ha ha.

Yeah, We were gung ho on the micra back then, but I got a great deal on our 2015 patriot where I could trade my harley road glide cvo in on it....THANK GOD, that was terrible...ha ha. But now it's time to move from the big bouncy jeep to a small tight handling car with great milage.

Like I mentioned elsewhere here, Eibachs, better tires, and rota grid 16" wheels in black with red stripe will be the first mods.

Thanks
    205/50/16 won't fit. Check this website! https://pmctire.com/fr/michelin-pilo...50r16-87v.tire

Thanks
    Ok, Are you saying that because their fitment guide says it? because alot of those won't let you upsize at all. If its not factory sizing they say it does not fit. Same as my jeep when they said 285s would not fit. but they fit fine.

Thanks
    maybe your right. The best way to find out is to mesure

Thanks
    There is a guy on here running 225/50/17s so I figure I should be safe with 205....am looking for a little wider and a little higher.

Thanks
    Yeah ahah 205 is perfect!

Thanks
    Ha ha...Not my first rodeo with modifying imports. I have owned a 2000 supercharged integra that I did all the work on myself, as well as built a few cars for the targa NL here. I also built my Jeep myself and work as a motorsports mechanic building and customizing snowmobiles, motorcycles and atv/sxs. I have a powder coating system as well as a small paint booth.

I am well versed in trying to see what I can squeeze out of whatever platform my hands get on! ha ha.

Thanks
    Well, the little micra is home. Bonus, I got the winter slush mats with the car! woo hoo!.