Thread: Questions about Micra Modifications.

Thanks

Questions about Micra Modifications.

Hello everyone my name is Josh and I have been reading through this forum for quite a few days now every night. I am a new Micra Owner. I own a 2015 1.6 SV. You have all inspired me to do some work to my micro and am curious what everyone has done to their Micra's to improve engine performance. Im really interested in gaining some HP (mine has 109 HP at the moment) and was wondering where I should start and whether or not it is a job to do myself or to be taking to a shop.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Thanks
    There is not much you can do to the micra to push HP, intakes and exhaust only make noise for the most part. You may gain an HP or two. Without forced induction, your not making great HP. Plus, as far as I know, there is not ECU tuning available for it. I am new to the micra as well, but I have been doing some reading etc, and I cannot find any ECU tuning available for it. That being said, you can install sticky tires, and something like the eibach pro kit and make it have go cart like handling. Thats more fun than power anyways!...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kojack For This Useful Post:

JoshLyons (09-26-2016)

Thanks
    You will need a lot of money and a pro to boost the power of a micra. But handling its easier to improve, good suspension, good tire and if you are willing. strip the interior and lose weigh!

Thanks
    Thanks for the response. What would you recommend for tires and suspension?

Thanks
    the micra cup run on nismo part for the suspension(I think!) We had somewhere in the forum the link to the compagnie that modified the car for the cup...

Thanks
    I would look at eibach springs. Thats what I am going to run. I have used them in past and they performed as intended every time. As for tires, I live in Newfoundland, I pick my tires on Rain performance first, and ice performance in the winter.

Thanks
    Yep you can sure make it handle well. As of right now there is only the turbo kit from Greece it's big bucks and a bit of a risk. The only other bolt on thats gonna make it faster is the nismo aluminium flywheel and clutch kit. It is expensive and you have to take the tranny off the motor to install so big $/work.

Although most of the aftermarket stuff for the versa note will fit and they sold a pile of them in the states so stuff should be available for this engine soon.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Ditto on Eibach springs. I've used them on a couple different cars and they're quite nice.

Thanks
    Tires and suspension come to taste and expectations of use. If you're taking it to the track you need full suspension, looks you can get away with springs etc. For power, Guru-Pete has let us know about a timing advancement that adds 3(IIRC), Injen's intake was tested on a versa running the same engine so... another 4, I'm sourcing a downtube back at 2-2.25" (to match the cup cars roughly) and hoping for another 3. Yeah it only adds up to about 10, but that's a 10% HP gain, which for the cost of fabing it yourself / knowing machinists - the most expensive part will be the intake, and will be noticeable.

As said it'll never be a "fast" car without serious money thrown at it, but for a lot less you can get it to go fast around corners. I put on the fully adjustable Tein coilovers and have 3 inch wider rims than stock (don't do this unless you're willing to do body work lol), without the front sway-bar reattached (this weekends job) I'm still throwing this thing around 30km/h curves at 90 with no squeal or understeer. Cheapest tire I could find / what's on it are hercules imove's, I'll be investing in a better quality tire next year since one of them has already warped...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-19-2016)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Once a few more bills are paid I will be making an effort to upgrade my car. As said above performance mods atm are nil. I wouldn't bother for now but that gives you a chance to stick with what is available. Rims, tires, and quite a few suspension parts. BC coilovers makes a coilover kit that requires no messing with. You just need to say your car is a Nismo. They only use sway bars on nismos everywhere else. Canada gets sway bars stock on all micra's. There's also a strut tower bar by cusco or tanabe and a tanabe under bar that helps rigidity in the front too. Just with that your looking at around $1600 CDN not including rims or tires. There's also an HKS cat-back exhaust that's around $900 if you want a little more tone but really without more parts won't give you much performance!