Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New soon to be owner of Micra 15'

Banned
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New soon to be owner of Micra 15'

Hi everyone , I am excited to be getting a custom Micra, so excited I had to come here and find more about micra lovers. Our family also has a mercedes B200Turbo and we are thinking of getting the basic stick model S Micra, and according to me we will be getting the best of both worlds! I am thinking of getting a fresh powder , stick shift, with sport lines and red mirror covers , then afterwards we will get some cool rims for it, it will be great!

Thanks
    Hi zippy ...

Have you test driven one yet? What did you think?

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Personally, having suffered the humid summers in Burlington, which is the home town to one of my favourite new wave bands (the Spoons), I'd opt for A/C before spending on the aftermarket items; then again, the white colour might make things tolerable. Good choice in colour for a non-AC car.

The Spoons, I hear you ask? Yes, they'll even be making my first drive playlist.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Banned
    Thanks
    uh oh, is it not possible to get the AC in the model S? If not then that would definitely be a huger factor. Why wouldn't they make that option available though? uh oh now i'm nervous

Thanks
    You have to get an automatic transmission to get A/C in the S trim. I moved up to the SV to get manual and air; I felt the extras were worth it.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You'll get a lot out of this little car. Move up to the SV if AC is that important. The manual transmission, with the goodies you mentioned adding, and maybe a lowering kit to go with bigger wheels... it'll look really cool and yield awesome fuel economy, easily, cheaply.

Thanks
    And if this little thing proves to have been built as well as the 1990s Maximas, it'll last for freakin' ever...

Thanks
    Welcome to the site Zippy. I look forward to hearing updates on what you go with.

Thanks
    Allow me to share with you my line of reasoning that the SV trim in manual is an excellent choice.
    -Heated exterior mirrors. I can't tell you how much I hate ice on my mirrors; every time we get freezing rain or drizzle, a sheet of ice always forms over my mirrors, making them useless, and I'm always afraid of breaking them when using the ice scraper on them.
    -Bluetooth hands free phone system. This has steering wheel mounted controls. A sweet high end feature that everyone wants now that there's hefty fines for holding a cell phone while driving.
    -Integrated key with remote keyless entry. I have the remote keyless entry on both my cars now, and I have to tell you, it's sweet never having to deal with a frozen lock ever again.
    -Power door locks. Well, kind of need it with the remote keyless entry. Yes, a frill, but a nice frill, especially when you have kids and a passenger.
    -Power windows. Okay, definitely a frill, but when I roll down the front window for a bit of fresh air, I often like to crack the back window so I don't get the wind buffeting against my ear. Power window is a lot nicer and more civilized than twisting my arm to reach around into the back seat.
    -Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls. Definitely a must-have for those great Canadian road trips.
    -Rear cargo cover. Nice to be able to hide that case of beer from prying eyes, lest someone smash the rear window and help themselves. This exact thing happened to my brother.
    -Passenger side assist grip. It'll make my wife a little happier whenever she rides in my Micra.
    -6 way driver's seat, vs 4 way. A little more fine tuning of my seat is always a nice feature.
    -Driver's seat armrest. Worth its weight in gold.
    -Upgraded cloth seat and door trim. Not sure if it really matters or not, I'll have to see up close if the upgraded cloth seats are made from a heavier, longer lasting material or not.
    -Illuminated steering wheel mounted audio controls. Another nice little touch of luxury.
    And, of course, there's air conditioning, which speaks for itself.

All in all, I'd say a move up to the SV trim is well worth it, considering all the extras.

Look at it another way; you're still paying less than you would for a base model Yaris, with at least the same level of build quality, and considerably more features.

Thanks
    Myself I am looking at the SR trim. Why?

Backup camera:

Perhaps it's because I am part of the Y generation, but let me tell you, after driving several cars with backup cameras and having worked at Toyota before when backups cameras became standard on most models, it is SO much easier to parallel park in tight spaces without having to worry about bumping into the car behind you. Once you go backup camera, there is no going back.

USB Connection:

Not having to worry about my phone running out of juice whenever I'm driving, and being able to charge my phone whenever I'm in my car is just a huge lifesaver. The first car I drove did not have any sort of USB outlet, so I had to charge my phone through the AC out, which wasn't a big deal, but having a USB on my second car just made things so much simpler.

Alloy wheels:

Even though the stock alloys won't be on the car for long, I cannot wrap my head around the fact that we're halfway through 2014 already and we still can't get standard alloys. Definitely not going to get any new car with steel wheels and caps.

Foglights and sport headlights:

A minor pet peeve of mine, but I like having fogs and blacked out headlight housing. Really gives any car a more aggressive look.

Leather wrapped steering wheel:

My first car didn't have it, second car did, it just feels much nicer in the hand, another small pet peeve.
    --
    Small things really, but I just feel like the SR is the complete solution for my needs, and plus with the SV loaded with the convenience package and alloy wheels, the difference in monthly payments in comparison to the fully loaded SR is negligible.