Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New soon to be owner of Micra 15'

Thanks
    You guys have put a lot of thought into this.

If I were buying new, I'd still get the base S myself. $9998, thank you!

I have the character-building experience of having owned very few cars with these extravagant "extras" you describe. With the result that they still seem like extravagant extras to me. A base S has significantly more equipment than my current car.

If you've never ridden in a Cadillac...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You guys have put a lot of thought into this.

If I were buying new, I'd still get the base S myself. $9998, thank you!

I have the character-building experience of having owned very few cars with these extravagant "extras" you describe. With the result that they still seem like extravagant extras to me. A base S has significantly more equipment than my current car.

If you've never ridden in a Cadillac...
    I guess Im kind of a simple guy for my driving experience. I had the luxury of a fully loaded Maxima as a demo for nearly a year. Air conditioned seats, dual panoramic sunroof, etc... Yet I want a Base S Micra. :3

The one thing I don't get from large, luxury cars was the most important thing. Fun.

The Maxima was one of the quietest and smoothest luxury cars I've ever tried... But it wasn't "fun"

Manual transmission, small car, windows down, great power/weight ratio.. And for well under $200 a month, cant go wrong.

The car I drive now doesn't have Air or power locks anyway and it truly doesnt bother me.

Besides, the less weight and draw from the crank the better. /nerd

Thanks
    Not me. After a hard day's work in the middle of a southern Ontario July, nothing refreshes quite like an icy cold blast on the drive home. As for cruise, a few 3+ hour road trips had me wishing for a brick to put on the accelerator in my old Micra.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoss View Post
    Myself I am looking at the SR trim. Why?

Backup camera:

Perhaps it's because I am part of the Y generation, but let me tell you, after driving several cars with backup cameras and having worked at Toyota before when backups cameras became standard on most models, it is SO much easier to parallel park in tight spaces without having to worry about bumping into the car behind you. Once you go backup camera, there is no going back.
    I am in 100% agreement with you on this. I tried it in the Versa Note I test drove, and I was sold immediately. Well worth the $500 price tag to have this so tightly integrated.

USB Connection:

Not having to worry about my phone running out of juice whenever I'm driving, and being able to charge my phone whenever I'm in my car is just a huge lifesaver. The first car I drove did not have any sort of USB outlet, so I had to charge my phone through the AC out, which wasn't a big deal, but having a USB on my second car just made things so much simpler.
    It's my understanding that this USB will also provide some connectivity options between the head unit and your player.

Alloy wheels:

Even though the stock alloys won't be on the car for long, I cannot wrap my head around the fact that we're halfway through 2014 already and we still can't get standard alloys. Definitely not going to get any new car with steel wheels and caps.
    Pretty much every new car worth buying in this price range comes with steelies and hubcaps. Personally, I'm not too impressed with Nissan's choice of alloys.

Foglights and sport headlights:

A minor pet peeve of mine, but I like having fogs and blacked out headlight housing. Really gives any car a more aggressive look.
    I prefer a car that has aggressive looks to have some aggressive performance to back it up; a peeve of mine is all show no go, or badge-only performance. In fact, I'd gladly exchange the "Fluff" - spoiler, fog lights, alloy wheels, chrome accents, leather wrap - for actual performance enhancing benefits, namely with a more powerful engine, bigger brakes, and beefier sway bars.

Leather wrapped steering wheel:

My first car didn't have it, second car did, it just feels much nicer in the hand, another small pet peeve.
    --
    Have it on my current car, wife had it on her Cavalier; it's a nice option for sure. Certainly one option I think should be ranked higher than fog lights and alloy wheels, but overall not as big as, say, the backup camera system.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm honestly not sure what I'd get. I love the low price of the manual S. But, the SV really does add a lot to the car.

Thanks
    Totally agree. Funny, but USB > A/C for me (but I'm gonna get both anyway). Feels like my phone never has any juice. ha

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, qmass!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Finally A Black Micra. =)

Thanks
    Black does add a bit of class to a small car. My Firefly's black. Tough keeping it clean though! I wouldn't have chosen that colour, but it was a second hand purchase.