Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Micra / Versa automatic transmission fluid level (4-speed AT)

Thanks
    The procedure I had to follow was because I didn't have a jack - as described. You can obviously access things under the car, from under the car. I was in a parking lot, on a mountain, 8 hours from my house, and in a province that doesn't have service centres open on the weekend. As stated, "to get this view (and to reach in if you can't get under the car)" - The guide is to say, you can do this in a parking lot with nothing but a bent fork if you're mechanically inclined and ingenuitive.

The specialty tools listed are 1) the removal tool (it's a thing that exists at Nissan) for the breather cap, and 2) the filler tool for the trans-pan plug since the breather cap is not actually how the transmission is supposed to be filled - see Nissan tech doc provided above.

aside from the "Super Special Tool™ available from A.C.E." ... being a joke about the mangled fork, and my company

Last edited by Azmodon; 09-09-2019 at 12:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    As per the procedure to service with a machine. I was on stands. But still would have been manageble roadside. Like I said in comment it requires mechanical competency ?

Thanks
    Ps removal tool is a pick I could have opened it with a well anything ? Removing panels and excess work seems like an over eager panel puller.

Thanks
    "requires mechanical competency"
    is mechanical engineering tech... k thx. The only tool I had was a fork... and I got it done. No panels were pulled, nothing was removed from the car but the breather cap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    how do you remove the special tool step 12 and get the drain plug back in without the fluid coming out?...flip the car upside down????
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    how do you remove the special tool step 12 and get the drain plug back in without the fluid coming out?...flip the car upside down????
    There's a plastic tube on the other end of the drain hole (attaches to the pan) they call the 'overflow tube'. So the volume of fluid below its upper lip is the volume they want in the device. But I do like step 22 "Perform this work quickly because ATF leaks" lol

That overflow tube is key though if you're doing a full drain and fill, since if you don't remove it, there's about 2 litres of spent oil that won't be removed, and the stuff you put in will just flow of the top of it and out the tube... it can be messy.

Thanks
    i see , thats kind of smart, i guess you could suck the old oil out with a thin tube shapes like a J, shove up and move to side, pull down...but removing pan probaby better, the "special filler tool" isnt really needed then, you just need to squirt the fluid in somehow.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I've not done it to my CVT but I've been told on the Versa you can remove the plug from the top of the transmission and replace it with a dipstick from an earlier model. I would imagine the standard automatic transmission is the same way. If any one has access to an older dipstick from a salvage yard or wants to order one from a dealer they might want to try it. If this is correct you could then check your transmission fluid anytime you wanted. I've been thinking about getting a dipstick for my Versa.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Is the engine on or off when topping up with ATF and the ATF over flows out of the breather pipe?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hey everyone, changed my Micra's transmission fluid at 70,000km. All I did was drain fluid, measure how much came out, then put the same amount, of new oem fluid, back in. Went through all the gears, and checked for leakage.

Currently at about 78,000km and it's still shifting smoothly!

Idk, just wanted to share in case anyone was wondering what the "right" procedure was.. Clearly I didn't follow the proper procedure of draining and filling 3 qts 3 times (based on the pdf that was attached in this thread), but so far, my Micra's been ok with just draining, measuring, and adding same amount that came out, back in with new oem fluid.. will update if something happens!