Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Micra / Versa automatic transmission fluid level (4-speed AT)

Thanks
    Thanks for the post, Haze64. Welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Here is the video i took while changing mine may help.
    https://youtu.be/hY97rZYTDgc

Thanks
    Just got a Rogue to work with and I've notice a trending pattern between different company is that they all have their own ways of checking the transmission fluid level. Some evolving hundreds of dollars in equipment (vacuum system and adjustable straw filler). Just to find out one could do it properly if the transmission fluid was at the correct temperature. The Rouge has a CVT with an overflow port and our Micra's has a straw inside where the drain bolt is which requires and allen key to remove. So far the Roque and Micra has one thing that is similar is that they need to be at the correct temperature 35 - 45 oC.

When I changed my ATF I used the coolant line method to flush my system out and let the transmission do the pumping. Drain ATF from pan, refill (3 liters?), disconnect oil line from transmission, (1) run engine till almost 3? liters comes out, stop engine, add 3? litter back in pan and repeat (1) till ATF came out clear. 7 Liters later. Done.

I did something similar to Rogue but with a pump using one of the oil lines (as it seemed it was pumping directly from the pan on the other line) and left the pan open while I pumped, dirty fluid can be seen draining from the pan. pumped 5 Liters before I started to see clean fluid come out of the drain pan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    There is big difference in micras transmission and rogues cvt. Micras tcm module is one way adapting. It will ve a bit hard to explain but i will try:
    Micras tcm has aging algorithm built into tcm code. What that means it that depending on hydraulic pressure its writing new values to the map to maintain functionality of whole transmission. So what happens when you fully flush micras transmission is you are “shocking” whole system with solenoids and friction plates till it will slowly recalibrate which may be too late unless you are flushing every 20k. One way to solve that problem is to reset tcm module after flush at that time all initial factory values will be rewritten and new fluid will work as expected. But if done without resetting tcm will use old mapped values “thinking “ that its still using old fluid. Thats why I highly recommend not to flush micras transmission just do partial changes. That way you will give enough time for tcm to slowly recalibrate for newish fluid.

Hope this will help.

Thanks
    You are absolutely correct. I know with the Rogue there is an oil life counter that needs to be reset and a reset the calibration data when a CVT is changed out on a 1st Gen Rogue. So on the Micra I would assume resetting the oil life monitor would be needed and calibration data (EEP ROM)

https://youtu.be/boLUDoq6GNI?t=1753

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Cos micra has pretty old but very reliable transmission resetting it is pain in the butt if you dont have oem diag tool handy. Never seen any multibrand diag tool capable of resetting micras tcm.