Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micra / Versa automatic transmission fluid level (4-speed AT)

Thanks
    The procedure I had to follow was because I didn't have a jack - as described. You can obviously access things under the car, from under the car. I was in a parking lot, on a mountain, 8 hours from my house, and in a province that doesn't have service centres open on the weekend. As stated, "to get this view (and to reach in if you can't get under the car)" - The guide is to say, you can do this in a parking lot with nothing but a bent fork if you're mechanically inclined and ingenuitive.

The specialty tools listed are 1) the removal tool (it's a thing that exists at Nissan) for the breather cap, and 2) the filler tool for the trans-pan plug since the breather cap is not actually how the transmission is supposed to be filled - see Nissan tech doc provided above.

aside from the "Super Special Tool™ available from A.C.E." ... being a joke about the mangled fork, and my company

Last edited by Azmodon; 09-09-2019 at 12:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    As per the procedure to service with a machine. I was on stands. But still would have been manageble roadside. Like I said in comment it requires mechanical competency ?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Ps removal tool is a pick I could have opened it with a well anything ? Removing panels and excess work seems like an over eager panel puller.

Thanks
    "requires mechanical competency"
    is mechanical engineering tech... k thx. The only tool I had was a fork... and I got it done. No panels were pulled, nothing was removed from the car but the breather cap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    how do you remove the special tool step 12 and get the drain plug back in without the fluid coming out?...flip the car upside down????

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!