Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The wheel fitment thread

Thanks
    I also got wheels for the factory tires. Dai Radials from canadawheels.ca. Shipping was a super fast 2 days and they came with hardware (including correctly-sized hub rings). The dealership mounted rubber on rims, balanced, and swapped the winter wheels off for $89.95 on Monday. I'm happy with the results.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to krssctt For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (03-26-2021)

Thanks
    Omgz No one has ever told me to put hub rings on. Ought i?

edit: My wheels are apparently lugcentric according to mfr?

perhaps I should, as I have a shudder around 100k. My wheels are 67.1 hub bore, what is the micra's hub?

edit: ordered.
    Last edited by nichol; 04-16-2015 at 04:44 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichol View Post
    Omgz No one has ever told me to put hub rings on. Ought i?

edit: My wheels are apparently lugcentric according to mfr?

perhaps I should, as I have a shudder around 100k. My wheels are 67.1 hub bore, what is the micra's hub?

edit: ordered.
    Lug Centric, means that the lug nuts will centre the wheels properly. Doesn't hurt to add the correct hub rings though. (60.1mm ID)

If you're getting a shake at 100kph, then your wheels are likely not balanced properly. The effect usually shows up at ~90-95kph and goes away beyond ~110kph.
    You have a MT Micra so your are travelling in the 90-95 range when your speedo reads 100 kph.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks, I ordered hub rings and it is possible there is a balancing problem, although I didn't notice anything on the car these wheels came off? It weighed about 300 more lbs though...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hubcentric rings are great, however, if you plan on driving your car hard at a track, I suggest using aluminum ones with anti-fuse on them. My last autocross car melted three sets of UHMD ones in a single day at the track.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichol View Post
    Thanks, I ordered hub rings and it is possible there is a balancing problem, although I didn't notice anything on the car these wheels came off? It weighed about 300 more lbs though...
    Well, if your car did not vibrate before, and it does with new the wheels on...that is a pretty good indicator something is up with those wheels. I would get them checked for damage and balanced.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Were your new wheels balanced after you had the tires swapped on? Also, if you're getting wobble, could be an alignment issue. Have you recently changed your shocks, springs, or camber?

Thanks
    Yes, they were balanced on the Sentra. The alignment on the micra is untouched from the factory and didn't wobble with the factory wheels on.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by krssctt View Post
    I also got wheels for the factory tires. Dai Radials from canadawheels.ca. Shipping was a super fast 2 days and they came with hardware (including correctly-sized hub rings). The dealership mounted rubber on rims, balanced, and swapped the winter wheels off for $89.95 on Monday. I'm happy with the results.

Hey! What a small world, I stumbled upon this forum when researching fitment for my own Micra. I'm actually Director of Marketing for CanadaWheels.ca, I also hand a lot of the sales. I was so happy to see this post, you really made my day.

If you could send more pics to sales@canadawheels.ca we'd love to share them on our facebook, and let this be a message to anyone on this forum, if you need help looking for rims on your own Micra, send a message to that e-mail first, say how you were referred by me and we'll discuss what you want.

Cheers and have a great day!

Thanks
    As an update, it appears the hubcentric rings have sorted out my vibration issue. Very excited, as speeds between 90 and 110 were very awkward, especially with passengers who were very unimpressed with my BRAND NEW CAR and raised eyebrows high when I explained my hypothesis, asking jerk questions like, "are you sure this isn't voiding your warranty?"

All seems well now.

Edit: probably 60.0 inside would have been okay.