Thread: Polyurethane Front Suspension Front Lower Arm

Thanks

Polyurethane Front Suspension Front Lower Arm

Has anyone found a source for Polyurethane Front Suspension Front Lower Arm bushings? I may have to resort to the OEM rubber ones as a replacement for my torn ones. Looks like it's a replacement of the whole arm since it may result is lower cost than the bushings and labour combined. Is in Mexico anyway. These cobblestone roads (really boulders; think Cortez did the road build) and topes (speed bumps) kill the tires and suspension.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    my limited experience with "harder" poly bushings is your tooth fillings are going to fall out....i think you nailed it with "just replace whole arm"...keep old arm as "fun bushing replacement project over beer".....and youll have an arm when they wear out again!!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

Ajijic (02-01-2024)

Thanks
    I had my lower control arms replaced not too long ago instead of just doing the bushings. If I remember correctly there were a few different bushing options on Rockauto starting around the $10 mark, but my mechanic was not able to source any bushings from his suppliers. I opted to go with the whole control arm replacement as it includes the ball joints also. They weren't cheap though. I got them from NAPA for around $280 each, from the dealer they were almost $400 each. Prices in Canadian dollars

Thanks
    This company makes poly bushings for the Micra.

https://siberianbushing.ca/catalog/N...ARCH/K13/2015/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LJ2015 For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (02-02-2024)