Thread: Micra Stories

Thanks

Micra Stories

Thought I'd share this short tale:

I took my Micra S in for it's first service to the dealership and as i pulled in three guys looking at cars were pointing at my car and discussing it. When i parked and got out i said "Hi and one of the guys said "So what Package is that?", pointing at my car.
    I said "It's the 'Wayne' package", and as they looked at me funny i said: "because my name is Wayne..."

So i explained how i bought the rims and the plasti-dip for the stripes and badges and thanked them for the nice compliment on my minor exterior mods.

Anyone else with a Micra story?

Name:  package.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  46.2 KB

Last edited by Moose; 08-17-2016 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Confusion caused by my crappy story telling. Was just some dudes looking at cars in the lot, not sales people.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose For This Useful Post:

Wynter (08-15-2016)

Thanks
    I kept out-accelerating a guy in a Honda Civic at red lights up to the speed limit early one morning. The second and third time, I could hear his engine scream at my rear driver's quarter panel as I pulled away. At the fourth light, I had to turn left, and when I did, I noticed the back of his trunk said, "Civic SI."

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (08-15-2016),Moose (08-14-2016),pilip948 (08-21-2016)

Thanks
    hehe that reminds me, every time i do an acceleration from a stop, - and keep in mind, im on an auto, and im only pressing my pedal about halfway to WOT - i almost always out accelerate everyone except more expensive sports car or bikes.

im literally quicker than 90% of all other cars from a stop, it feels. without even trying!
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to micrapolis For This Useful Post:

Pete (08-15-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    hehe that reminds me, every time i do an acceleration from a stop, - and keep in mind, im on an auto, and im only pressing my pedal about halfway to WOT - i almost always out accelerate everyone except more expensive sports car or bikes.

im literally quicker than 90% of all other cars from a stop, it feels. without even trying!
    So what are the shift points in an automatic from a dead stop under about half throttle? If you don't shift until at least 5000 rpm in the manual your accelerating pretty good for what it is.

Thanks
    i gotta admit, i think i knew the answer but have since forgotten....because i go by feel + sound now

if i want to stay in 1st gear, i just press anywhere between....oh i dunno, 50-100% of the pedal, and it will rev right up, like a honda.

if i want it to go 2nd gear asap, i go less than 50% WOT, then i feel/hear the shift, then i press all the way.

as it's a simple 4spd, it's nothing to write home about.

i think when i have time , ill try this out and upload the footage (i have a dashcam....sooo fun)
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Wow the dealership has no idea what pkg. that is...shows how much they know about their own cars that they service daily.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrampg View Post
    Wow the dealership has no idea what pkg. that is...shows how much they know about their own cars that they service daily.
    I am a crappy story teller. Was some dudes looking at cars ...guy had come with a couple of buddies. My bad.