Thread: Bluetooth music

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Bluetooth music

Hi!
    I am hesitating between the Toyota Yaris 2016 and the Micra SV 2016. The Yaris has bluetooth music support but I am not sure about the Micra SV. I searched on the net and I have found differents answers to this. Does the Micra SV 2016 supports the bluetooth music streaming?

Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Choz For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    No it's only for phone functions no music. Nissan went with USB and AUX inputs in the Micra SR and SV's with the convenience package. It also connects to Iphones/Ipods via the usb and you can control music functions from the wheel controls. Don't know why Nissan didn't go with Music streaming when the unit hardware is obviously able. Hope that helps.

Oh and I don't know of this helps your choice but here is a picture from one of our meets earlier this year. There is a great community surrounding the Micra.

Name:  20160605_135216.jpg
Views: 4764
Size:  105.2 KB

Here we are at the Micra Cup Races, where we crashed a Nissan Employee party.
    Name:  20160710_102817.jpg
Views: 5290
Size:  100.5 KB

No pressure. Best of luck with your decision what ever you choose.
    Last edited by Vapor; 08-05-2016 at 10:25 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vapor For This Useful Post:

Pete (08-06-2016),ptbo micra (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    If I were to buy my Micra again, I would skip the convenience package on the SV and spend the money on replacing the head unit. Although I don't know if anyone has replaced the head unit on the SV+ or SR and had the camera and wheel controls work with aftermarket.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    No it's only for phone functions no music. Nissan went with USB and AUX inputs in the Micra SR and SV's with the convenience package. It also connects to Iphones/Ipods via the usb and you can control music functions from the wheel controls. Don't know why Nissan didn't go with Music streaming when the unit hardware is obviously able. Hope that helps.

Oh and I don't know of this helps your choice but here is a picture from one of our meets earlier this year. There is a great community surrounding the Micra.

Name:  20160605_135216.jpg
Views: 4764
Size:  105.2 KB

Here we are at the Micra Cup Races, where we crashed a Nissan Employee party.
    Name:  20160710_102817.jpg
Views: 5290
Size:  100.5 KB

No pressure. Best of luck with your decision what ever you choose.

From what I see in the Nissan brochure, the SV does not have an USB port, only the SR has one. The SR seems much closer to the Yaris and almost the same price. I will think about it again!

Thanks!

Thanks
    You can get the SV with convenience package and that is basically the same stereo as the SR with the usb and included back up camera. It's just over 14 Grand MSRP if I remember correct. It's what I was going to get before I got upsold into an SR. No regrets here. Don't let the dealership pressure you into the car they have on the lot, if you want something demand it. Tell them your going to the next Nissan in the next town over they may have what you want. Do what you have to. I held my dealer over a barrel until I got all I wanted. They turned my $1200 trade in into a $3000 trade in to pay for all my extras I wanted. Also make them enroll you in Nissans 3year free oil change and service.

If you can see yourself buying winter floor mats down the road, make them apart of the deal. If you will be buying winter tires, those as well.
    Last edited by Vapor; 08-06-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks
    I thought the sv with conv.Pkg. Was only available on 2015 models? Not the 2016.

Thanks
    I wasn't aware they dropped that too. Throw me a frikin bone here guys. lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I thought the sv with conv.Pkg. Was only available on 2015 models? Not the 2016.
    My 2017 didn't have it either. I was thinking down the road getting an OEM with capable bluetooth but with aftermarket being so affordable I don't know.