Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in custom 3D printed intake with MAF housing? (Micra/Versa/Note)

Thanks

Any interest in custom 3D printed intake with MAF housing? (Micra/Versa/Note)

At the Loyalist Parkway meet-up earlier this summer, bridgenorth micra showed his DIY intake with relocated/integrated MAF housing. It's a creative, inexpensive DIY intake.

Tim (daox) has a 3d printer and has designed & produced other custom intakes.

So this thread is just to see if there's any interest in availability of that part for the Micra. Bridgenorth hinted that the Versa intake that's available is quite expensive - looks like $239 USD + shipping for the Injen kit.

Just the intake section with the MAF housing would be around $39 USD, including shipping.

Once you buy the rest of the components, it's probably closer to $125 or $150 to complete the installation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-04-2016),Moose (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    How about a little detail and some pics ? Performance parts for cheap interesting.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The part would still need to be designed.

However, I have made them for other cars. Its pretty simple, just a plastic housing for the MAF that mimics the OEM housing, but then allows you to connect whatever you want to it.

Here is a picture:

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Moose (08-04-2016),Vapor (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    People would still need to buy the rubber connectors, tubing/elbow and the cone filter to complete the job.

That's what bridgenorth did on his after hand-making his own MAF housing. But it's still FAR less expensive than buying the Injen kit.

Bridgenorth offered to let us use his OEM Micra MAF housing to design the part.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Moose (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    The part would still need to be designed.

However, I do have made them for other cars. Its pretty simple, just a plastic housing for the MAF that mimics the OEM housing, but then allows you to connect whatever you want to it.

Here is a picture:

That is very cool that you can design and produce these parts yourself! Anyone here have a pic of an installation? I am not an engine guy, so a brief explanation of what it does and the expected outcome after installation would be great.

Now i want a 3d printer! I dont know what for yet, but i want one!

Thanks
    I'm hoping bridgenorth will post a pic of his installation - it'll be like his, with the exception of the MAF housing being "mass produce-able" instead of DIY.

Thanks
    Yeah well if it is like the one in the picture except with our slot style maf housing then put me down for one. This is one of the critical components required to make the PETE'S PERFORMANCE true cold air intake. Not for use before manufacturers warranty expires.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

Moose (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    You know there is nothing I wouldn't buy for my Micra.
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  83.5 KB

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vapor For This Useful Post:

Moose (08-05-2016),pilip948 (08-09-2016)

does the sensor sit in the same position as stock? depth, tube diameter, etc. that looks alittle different. seems to sit high and alittle smaller. could you add the dimensions. an offset maf can throw things outta wack.
    if you search on ebay the injen versa intake cost me 220 cdn I think delivered. if someone wants mine I'm getting a pipe made soon and ordering an itg filter to make my own micra cup intake. or I might just hack apart the injen one to make it..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    does the sensor sit in the same position as stock? depth, tube diameter, etc. that looks alittle different. seems to sit high and alittle smaller. could you add the dimensions. an offset maf can throw things outta wack.
    if you search on ebay the injen versa intake cost me 220 cdn I think delivered. if someone wants mine I'm getting a pipe made soon and ordering an itg filter to make my own micra cup intake. or I might just hack apart the injen one to make it..
    Yes i'd like ur intake, ive always wanted an intake in this car just never done it yet. Ur inbox doesnt allow any more messages lol