Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new car shopping (Micra vs. Fit, Civic, Mazda 3, Spark, Sonic, Corolla, Yaris)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micra-naut View Post
    I also am considering the NIssan Versa Note and Micra thus why i am here.
    FYI:Nissan Micra vs. Versa Note comparison ... Did you consider a Note?

But from reading here the auto does not see as bad. Next month i will take the std and auto out on a test drive. My main concern with the auto was what the hwy RPM would have been.
    Compare RPM vs speed for both transmissions:

Thread: Gear ratios: 2015 Micra transmission, 5-speed & automatic (speed vs RPM) UK also

I was prepared to dislike the "old school" 4speed automatic in the Micra, but it's surprisingly refined to drive. At light load, the shifts are almost imperceptible. Fuel economy suffers compared to a CVT, but maintenance costs will be lower.

Personally, I would choose the manual even if I lived in the city. The clutch is not at all heavy, and driver engagement wins out. To me, the biggest downside of the manual is the RPM is too high at freeway speeds (see the graphs in the thread linked above). I kept looking for another upshift. You get used to it, but really there should be a taller 5th or 6th.

The other quandary i have now is if i should wait for a restyled 2017. The new ones sure look cool.
    Just a guess, but I don't think we'll be seeing the re-styled Micra in Canada next year. I think it will be in Europe/Japan only for the foreseeable future. Nissan has a history of continuing to produce "classic" (old) models even while the redesigned ones are coming out of a newer factory.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    "Just a guess, but I don't think we'll be seeing the re-styled Micra in Canada next year. I think it will be in Europe/Japan only for the foreseeable future"

and if we're really lucky , we will never see that restyled version!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    well it is done.
    I have bought a new car. Picking it up on July 22.
    Decided to go with the 2016 Honda Civic EX Honda Sensing in MSM colour
    (Modern Steel Metallic) a darker gray colour with metal flakes.
    thanks for the help/advice and suggestions.

Thanks
    Interesting. I'm guessing most people don't cross-shop the Micra against the Civic, but you can't really go wrong with a Civic. Canada's best-selling car since forever.

2 winters ago I had an '07 Civic EX 5-speed (my newest car ever, ha) and it was a nice car to drive.

Hope you enjoy it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ya was a bit of a jump to the civic. I at first thought i would just get a smaller city car. So i was looking at cars like the Micra and Chev Spark. Figuring i would use the NC750X DCT motorcycle i have for longer distance and use car in city over winter or rainy days.

but that morphed into thinking about something more comfortable and quiet on the hwy. So settled on the Mazda 3 GS. Toyota Corolla S - technology package and the Civic EX with sensing.

fell in love with the Civic after a couple of test drives. So i knew it was the one.

Thanks
    as long as you really wanted something of that size....you really cant go wrong with the new civic. i've read the reviews, people love it. great creature comforts.

Thanks
    funny that when looking from the outside the civic seems so huge but after driving it the size disappears. Love all the features it has like the back up camera and blind spot camera. I watched some you tube (YT) demos of the Honda Sensing in action. Too cool. The adaptive cruise control and lane keeping. Person was going 70mph on hwy going around a curve and the car steered it self around the bend by itself. The YT person took his hands off the steering wheel.