Thread: Toronto Star: 2015 Micra one of "5 best new cars" for first time buyers

Thanks

Toronto Star: 2015 Micra one of "5 best new cars" for first time buyers

Name:  star.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  45.0 KB

The Toronto Star published a special auto section this week called "Your First Car".

Without even driving the Micra, they put it on their list of 5 Best New Cars as the best compact choice.

The Micra may be Canada's cheapest car, but the only thing cheap about it is the price.

[...]

What's best: A new car for under $10,000.
    What's worst: Not much power.
    Value for money: Can't be beat.
    I don't know if this link will work for viewing the whole article (it's not a web page but some kind of newspaper reader application: LINK

---

Also, excuse my rant, but auto journalists drive me nuts with their obsession about power. The Micra already has an above average power to weight ratio, and is near the top among its compact hatchback competitors. These guys just won't be happy until we're all driving 500 hp Vettes!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Name:  star.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  45.0 KB
    Also, I will add: auto journalists drive me nuts with their obsession about power. The Micra already has an above average power to weight ratio, and is near the top among its compact hatchback competitors. These guys just won't be happy until we're all driving 500 hp Vettes!
    They're journalists. Not scientists, engineers, nor anyone else who might represent a reliable source of knowledge. They've learned how to string letters into words, those words into sentences, those sentences into paragraphs, and where to put the appropriate punctuation...usually. The really knowledgeable and good ones typically move on to a better career, as journalism itself has long been a race to the bottom. As such, I believe you expect too much from someone doing everything he or she can to pad their article in order to meet the minimum word count.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...