Thread: BC racing V1 coilover kit

Thanks

BC racing V1 coilover kit

Thought I'd do I write-up on the fun I've had with these coilovers lol!
    Kit arrived well packaged and all looked good.
    Name:  DSC_0010.jpg
Views: 1914
Size:  93.3 KBName:  DSC_0011.jpg
Views: 1891
Size:  97.8 KB
    Until I tried to fit them, I noticed the little tab for the sway bar (notice my use of Canadian lingo there haha) links was missing and the bottom cups of the new shocks were far to short that even if I had some tabs welded on I would then need some really short links.Name:  DSC_0012.jpg
Views: 1967
Size:  90.2 KBName:  DSC_0013.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  95.7 KB
    So I figured I would be forced into removing my front sway bar altogether
    So I thought I would give BC racing's UK office a phone call to see if there is any other option? They told me that these are the only kit they have listed for the Micra/March k13 but I was the first to buy some in the UK and due to that BC obviously were not aware our cars have a sway bar. She said she would get in touch with the factory and get back to me. Sure enough I got a call the next morning to say the factory now understand the problem and they have found some other Nissan cups from another kit which have the link tabs and are the same fitment, so these arrived yesterday.Name:  IMG_20160517_100450.jpg
Views: 1757
Size:  95.2 KB
    Name:  DSC_0027.jpg
Views: 1880
Size:  91.8 KB
    Turns out that they are from a kit not listed for Europe as they are for the March/Micra Nismo which we don't get and is the only variant in Asia that has a sway bar. So if anyone else goes down the coilovers route ask for the bottom cups on the front to be Nismo fitment. They are also better braced where the knuckle/hub mounts than the first set I received which is good.
    So I stayed back and fitted them last night, I was a bit worried about the top mounts because you need to re-use the standard ones and I wasn't sure if I would simply stick the whole top mount on the new shocks or just a part of it? Some top mounts come apart into a few pieces but ours are simple and don't you just have the rubber part and the spring seat with bearing built in. Anyway got them fitted just gonna let them settle and probably then adjust them a bit lower and also adjust the dampening all round to much softer than I drove it home set to last night . I would recommend BC to anyone as they were super helpful with the little problem and got it sorted out for me really quickly and at no extra cost to myself. Here's how Ronnie looks with them fitted for now, before I go a little lower.
    Name:  DSC_0030.jpg
Views: 2540
Size:  95.0 KB

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnuk For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-18-2016),palourde77 (05-19-2016),Vapor (05-18-2016),Wark (05-18-2016),Wynter (05-21-2016)

You just made me realize that I can remove the lower mount / cap from my cusco suspension ( because it's fully adjustable, not standard) and have my swaybar tabs welded on.
    So I don't need to get brackets made. thanks m8

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Johnuk (05-25-2016)