Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No acceleration??!!! RESOLVED

Thanks
    well this isnt good. It ended being that the Body Control Module was saying the brake light is applied when it wasnt. They replaced the Body Control Module and said cost would be $1,200 + tax. They replaced it, reprogrammed the car keys and now the car shuts off once its started. They looking into it but have no idea why.

Thanks
    I'm hurting for you, sorry we were not of much help, but between conversations with you and my dad, I learned a bit more about a resistors, LED bulbs, too much wattage and what can happen.

Thanks
    ya ty for any advice or help u can provide.

I feel so stranded not having my car to go to work and stuff cant go anywhere or do anything

And all this from installing LED light bulbs and wiring in a resistor to stop them from pulsing?
    * scratching head *

So they can trace the short that "you" caused all the way to the body control module ( how or why are they connected? )

Turn signals and brakes are not connected.

If you fried the ecu that would be something incredible,
    Cuz those light wire would have burned, fuse pop, and all sorts of things before sending enough
    Amps to cause damage.

I think you got had. They said you tampered, you caved and accepted fault, they rang up a bill.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around how your turn signal led broke your car,.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    And all this from installing LED light bulbs and wiring in a resistor to stop them from pulsing?
    * scratching head *

So they can trace the short that "you" caused all the way to the body control module ( how or why are they connected? )

Turn signals and brakes are not connected.

If you fried the ecu that would be something incredible,
    Cuz those light wire would have burned, fuse pop, and all sorts of things before sending enough
    Amps to cause damage.

I think you got had. They said you tampered, you caved and accepted fault, they rang up a bill.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around how your turn signal led broke your car,.
    The thing is if u take apart the tail light and look u will see a 5 pin (I think) and all the wires are connected to that.

The mechanic at my work who was putting the resistors in used a probe to check which wire was the turn signal by turning it on and using the probe to see. Maybe he cut into the brake word instead of the turn signal and cause a shirt in the brake wire cause of too much voltage idk.

One thing The body control module tells the car that the brakes are applied and it was stuck with brake applied after replaced the body control module it worked showing when the brake was applied and wasn't.

They started the car and it shut off by itself. They don't know why gotta trace back all wires to find a short. The car is run by chips and computers.

My step father is manager at CT where I work and the guy working on my car at Nissan is a former tech for him and he trusts him 100% with what he is doing. They worked whole day yesterday trying to figure out why the car wouldn't drive and got back with the BCM. Only charged couple hours labour instead of how long they actually looked through it

Thanks
    Also I didn't tell them about cutting into any wires or modifying anything. Just went in with no acceleration problems.

They said once they trace the tail light wires they can see that it's been tampered with due to the Butt connector used to put the wire back together since the resistors didn't work

Wow. So the tech that cut your wires voided your warranty.

Voltage isn't the problem. Voltage would be 12.8-14.5 v ( based on alternator output. )
    Amperage is the problem. Too many amps could do damage.

But, there are fuses. Those would pop. Or the line would short.

So. Patch the wire the car should work.

How that or those wire could transfer enough amps to damage something is what confuses me.

My next point is, why is a trusted tech damaging a car?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Wow. So the tech that cut your wires voided your warranty.

Voltage isn't the problem. Voltage would be 12.8-14.5 v ( based on alternator output. )
    Amperage is the problem. Too many amps could do damage.

But, there are fuses. Those would pop. Or the line would short.

So. Patch the wire the car should work.

How that or those wire could transfer enough amps to damage something is what confuses me.

My next point is, why is a trusted tech damaging a car?!?
    He has installed resistors before and done his own too but those cars were older years. Our cars are 2015 and more chips and computers. Problem is when he was doing it should have disconnected the battery ground so nothing could have shorted. Idk it was my call to tell him to do it for me and says it shouldn't have caused the bcm to fry and car to go into limp mode. I will find out more on Monday but so far it's pricey. I hope that it's something simple like a harness or faulty wire and they can fix for cheap.

Maybe they reprogrammed the keys wrong and thinks the car is being stolen so it shuts off?

Well... Ya... Disconnecting the battery is the first thing you should do. Period. Lucky your air bag didn't go off.

I understand that he needed the power to trace which one was the signal. But. If that is true. Then the tech, if that is the problem, despite you requesting the resistor, damaged your car, and should be responsible.

If I paid a tech to work on my car and he broke my car, that tech would pay for it, that's for sure.

Thanks
    Ya I will talk to him when I see him next but I don't know what he will say.