Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear trunk latch key (hatchback lock seized)

Thanks

Rear trunk latch key (hatchback lock seized)

I am just out of warranty and they will not even look at my broken latch keyl have hardly ever used it. Has anyone else had this problem

Last edited by MetroMPG; 05-10-2016 at 02:27 PM. Reason: (added info to thread title)

Thanks
    I'm confused. Which part is broken?

- latch (handle that opens the hatch)
    - lock
    - key

Did your key break in the hatchback lock? Or is the lock itself seized/frozen?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    there's no keyhole for the hatch.. right?

Thanks
    There is on the base S.

Name:  micra-lock-hatch.jpg
Views: 1666
Size:  34.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hey that is the back of my s model. It is frozen it will not turn. I tried liquid wrench I sprayed in the key latch but to no avail i have hardly used my trunk it will be two years old in June kind of bummed out. And there attitude sucked on this one nissan at least the manager where i bought it. I got a hold of nissan I hope to here back from them. I know on other cars after YEARS it can become problimatic but under two years and will not work.

Thanks
    By the way guys this is the time from here on in where I will be here more often my car is getting to that age amd kilometers where I will need some direction I am no mechanic my father taught me how to phone for estimates not fix things lol. Sorry for lack of particpation bjt I have done no mods and the micra has ran flawlessly. I just got new tires all around. Herculese 4.0 one heck of a good tire so far very quiet tire and handles great in the wet.

Thanks

how I fixed mine

Aha, OK.

Did your liquid wrench have one of those little straws so you could insert it directly into the keyhole?

I just went through this with a seized hatchback lock on the 12 year old Echo I just got.

Attempt 1: I used WD-40: stuck the straw INSIDE the keyhole, sprayed until it overflowed out of the lock. Waited 10 minutes, then stuck the key in and tried turning it back and forth. Nothing.

Attempt 2: Repeated step 1 and waited another 10 minutes. Tried turning the key again (both directions), and it moved a tiny amount with a *little* more force on the key than normal. With some patience, it eventually started to move a little bit in each direction.

Attempt 3: sprayed it again, waited another 10 minutes and after that it probably took 2 or 3 minutes of turning the key constantly back and forth, a tiny bit further each time, before it would fully turn the lock.

Thanks
    I have used the liquid wrench very liberaly my freind I get a bit of movement but it will not open. This is my third round trying to do it with L.W. I am at my wits end

Thanks
    Well, if you're out of warranty and at your wits end, I'd say this is the type of job for a local independent garage.

Thanks
    There is a part connected to a wire that is so rusted it is unreal. I took the rear panel off from the inside i plan on taking it off again tomorrow i will take pictures i got it to work a few times but this part is toast i m sorry for the lack of knowledge but a picture will help