Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can you hear your gas....?

Thanks

can you hear your gas....?

Hey guys..

This is weird.. i fill up my tank last night and i was driving today... on stops, i can hear the gas inside the tank... flowing...
    I can hear the gas everytime i hit a stop...

now.. i have driven 6 different cars in my life.. and 3 hatchbacks... and none have done this...... and this is the first time i hear it on my Micra...

is this normal?

Thanks
    you can hear it in a honda fit!! Inever hear it i my micra maybe because of the noise!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to palourde77 For This Useful Post:

Johnuk (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    I've heard it, yes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    @Moose, no, I am sure it's no my cerebrospinal fluid sloshing around my brain.
    In fact, the noise was first reported by my wife, then i started noticing it after. Like i said, i have not heard of it in any of my previous cars, so I am not crazy. Thank you.

Thanks
    Which is why I deleted it right away because I was afraid that my joke would be taken the wrong way...which it was, but I apologize anyway if it upset you. sincerely.

Thanks
    No worries, i am not even offended.

So most of you heard your gas in your Micras? Just need to make sure that this is normal. We paid close to 20k for a car, and so far, i have to say that I am not satisfied with it. For a 3 month new car, too much random noise already... i can count: gas tank, passenger door, driver door, noise over driver seat, and then engine noise on low speed... maybe i m paranoia, but in car manuals, it clearly states that if driver hear any unusual noise, it's best to report it to technicians.

About 10 years back, there used to be a man decorating his Nissan Altima with lemons, driving along Rene-Levesques in Montreal... handing out lemonades to people... it was really bad advertising and a PR disaster for Nissan. I can't believe Nissan didn't give the man what he wants just to make him shut up... at least that will bring back a good image/reputation...

For the longest time, i tried avoiding Nissan. If it wasn't my wife, i would not have picked Micra.

Thanks
    I usually play music too loud to allow me to hear such subtle sounds.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

Pete (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    No worries, i am not even offended.

So most of you heard your gas in your Micras? Just need to make sure that this is normal. We paid close to 20k for a car, and so far, i have to say that I am not satisfied with it. For a 3 month new car, too much random noise already... i can count: gas tank, passenger door, driver door, noise over driver seat, and then engine noise on low speed... maybe i m paranoia, but in car manuals, it clearly states that if driver hear any unusual noise, it's best to report it to technicians.

About 10 years back, there used to be a man decorating his Nissan Altima with lemons, driving along Rene-Levesques in Montreal... handing out lemonades to people... it was really bad advertising and a PR disaster for Nissan. I can't believe Nissan didn't give the man what he wants just to make him shut up... at least that will bring back a good image/reputation...

For the longest time, i tried avoiding Nissan. If it wasn't my wife, i would not have picked Micra.
    You sir, picked the cheapest car on the market. Yes you bought the SR im assuming. if the noise in your economy car is too much for you to suck it up, buy a Cadillac and your road noise will be gone. nothing is unusual other then the fact that people think that their micras should have a Porsche badge on the front
    SMUTT155

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SMUTT155 For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-04-2016),Johnuk (05-05-2016),Pete (05-05-2016),Wark (06-26-2016)

Thanks
    no gas sloshing sound for me.

at highway speeds, sometimes yes i will hear creaks

Thanks
    All the odd noises Ive heard are all what I consider normal for the cost of the car.

And as a reference, the 2016 Cadilac XTS that we have at work for hauling VIP's will also do the gas slosh if you fill it above 90%. Just crank the stereo a little more. And we had tons of tire noise, but we swapped them out to a good toyo and that helped.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...