Thread: Vehicular Excessive Noise Campaign Bramalea and Malton

Thanks

Vehicular Excessive Noise Campaign Bramalea and Malton

Found on mississauga.com (Link Below)
    http://www.mississauga.com/news-stor...auga-brampton/

"Peel Regional Police have set their sights on noisy mufflers in Bramalea and Malton with a Vehicular Excessive Noise Campaign that will run all this month.

Police say poorly maintained vehicles and altered exhausts are an ongoing problem that impacts residents, particularly those whose homes back onto increasingly wider and busier roads.

“We’ve had complaints from the community,” said Peel Sgt. Steve Arney. “(The noise) frustrates people.”

He said the fine is $110.

Arney said there are two culprits: vehicles that are not maintained and mufflers on cars and motorcycles that have been modified to make excessive noise.

“They sound like they’re going 100 km/h when they’re not,” Arney said of the modified vehicles.

The noise distracts other drivers and interferes with residents enjoying their property, according to police.

The goals of the campaign are to take a “zero tolerance” approach to enforcement, and to reduce the number of vehicles that don’t comply with the Highway Traffic Act’s “unnecessary noise” regulation."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicra For This Useful Post:

Wynter (04-21-2016)

Thanks
    Can't even have a loud exhaust on a track day anymore here.
    It's a "zero fun" approach!

Thanks
    This has nothing to do with vehicle noise. The area they selected to enforce tells me this. This area is right near the airport. For the last 20 years certain areas surrounding the airport have transformed from a mainly commercial industrial zone to a suburban wasteland. People can't believe it when their realtor tells them that they can afford a newer home in the GTA (usually it's minimum 300-350 grand for a 50 year old 2 bedroom house let alone something newer) they ignore the fact that it's right near the airport and there are even signs warning of the noise from above. But they buy it anyway. After the honeymoon period wears off instead of accepting that they are idiots who bought a house right in the flight path of one of the busiest transport hubs in North America, they instead form committees and coalitions to lobby the local government in the name of reasonable enjoyment and property value. However the government can't very well tell the airport to be quiet, although they have told the airport they are not permitted to let planes land between 2 and 6am unless of an emergency. ( I circled my city for 2 hours one morning because they wouldn't allow us to land until after 6am. Everyone always enjoys more time on the plane at the end of a long flight right?) The politicians are still beholden to the whiners and have to look like they are solving the problem, so what they have done is instructed the local police to go on a blitz targeting loud motorists. It's a conspiracy I tell you.
    Last edited by Vapor; 04-22-2016 at 01:54 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vapor For This Useful Post:

Johnuk (04-22-2016),Pete (04-22-2016)

Thanks
    This makes sense to me. I live about 1km away from the most active airbase in Canada- you do get used to it. I think the campaign is little more then a "kiss and make better" program to appease people that complain. Peel police have always been dinks about sportbikes and exhausts.

Super noisy mufflers.. Really you're not going to see a lot of performance gain from simply swapping to a fart can muffler. Now going to a full cat-back system you probably will, or header-back system- that's where you will see some gains. Usually because the exhausts are larger, allowing more flow and a lot of the restrictions are smoothed out. But there is a point where if it is too large all you're doing is making noise unless you build up the engine so it draws in more air (forced induction, more displacement) and fuel.

The big question really is, at what point do you need to upgrade the exhaust system on a micra? If you're just

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This makes sense to me. I live about 1km away from the most active airbase in Canada- you do get used to it. I think the campaign is little more then a "kiss and make better" program to appease people that complain. Peel police have always been dinks about sportbikes and exhausts.

Super noisy mufflers.. Really you're not going to see a lot of performance gain from simply swapping to a fart can muffler. Now going to a full cat-back system you probably will, or header-back system- that's where you will see some gains. Usually because the exhausts are larger, allowing more flow and a lot of the restrictions are smoothed out. But there is a point where if it is too large all you're doing is making noise unless you build up the engine so it draws in more air (forced induction, more displacement) and fuel.

The big question really is, at what point do you need to upgrade the exhaust system on a micra? If you're just doing it for the sound.. Well, expect the extra attention. And perhaps the extra attention from the fuzz. Most aftermarket exhausts do offer silencer slip ins for a reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I think it more a matter of how far you go...I have a sportbike, the pipe i have on it sounds more or less street on it, until you hit about 6-7000 RPM and then all hell starts to break loose! i love it, it has a nice note that carries well, not ear piercing, but you can ride normally all day long and no one cares...
    I've passed civics with 6 inch diesel pipes on it! i'm sure they have great HP gains, but really, they are almost a 100 db at idle...i've seen bikes that way to, don't care for them either...lol...it is a little too far!
    even race pipes can be quiet...at supercross this year i was in the pit area talking to people, listening to the bike start up, and the bikes are crazy quiet...you really gotta open them up to get any sort of noise out of them...must be 15-20 db less then last year! was weird!

--

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...