I decided tonight that since I left my amp at home (which I had originally intended to install), I decided instead to get to work on my front upper strut bar. Used 1inch square tube, made cuts at 10 degrees, twisted it 180 and welded it back together. Welded some 7/16'' bolts in the end and made some feet for it to attach to.
First impressions are better than I expected. When I installed the lower brace I thought I could feel a difference but it seemed slight. With the upper brace there is a definite noticeable difference. She feels way more anchored in the turns. Winding on ramps become less precarious as you drop the pedal early to pick up speed before merging. This is the way the car should have felt originally.
I did however seem to notice that the ride was not quite as forgiving on bumpy terrain, but I guess that is to be expected when you stiffen things up a bit.