Thread: Car lease takeovers

Thanks

Unhappy Car lease takeovers

I may have mentioned a while ago that I was planning to move to Vancouver/Richmond, BC for college (BCIT Aerospace Campus). There's a possibility I'll be moving in September, but it's not 100% certain as of yet. This is something I honestly really don't want to do, but may have to, and that is to get someone to take over my lease on the Candy Apple Rocket - My 2015 SV automatic Micra.

I have had the car since October 2014 on a 48 month lease. I don't really want to bring the car up there, as I think it would cost like $2000 to ship it up there. And I really don't want to drive cross country in a Micra, as much as this car is great, I would just feel safer driving in a larger vehicle on the Trans-Canada Highway. Plus my stuff won't all fit in the car anyway.

I feel like it may be cheaper to pay the lease transfer fees and get someone to take over the lease than ship the car up there, but I am not certain. Also, I currently live rent-free with my parents so I won't be able to afford lease payments and rent/living expense payments together while going to school up there. So that's why I may have to give up my Micra.

My question is, has anyone leased a car and then had to get out of the lease early? What is the process and how much would it cost? I cannot imagine the transfer fees being too expensive where it's a Micra and not an Infinity lease. I kind of want to do it ASAP so I can start saving up money faster for my move to BC.

Also, I am never leasing a car again, haha! Lesson learned. I do plan to eventually buy another Micra though when I can afford it. I actually, believe it or not, kinda want a used base S 5-speed K13 model so I can mod the heck out of it.

Also, next year one could import a 2002 K12 Micra (March) from Japan, which would be amazing as that is the first of the V-platform Micras and the first to bear that bubble shape the K12/K13 bodies have. I want one with a 1.2L 3-cyl and a 5-speed.

Thanks
    Try leasebusters...

Thanks
    Yeah, I see leased cars advertised all the time on Kijiji. Don't know anything more than that, though.

PS: the Micra's a capable highway car. Several members have done highway trips of 1000's of kilometers. But if it's a matter of perception of safety to you, that's another issue.

I've driven the TransCanada coast to coast in different small & tiny cars with no hesitation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I am on highway about 50 km with my Micra every day,
    My Micra has 2 months old and i have driven to Toronto 2 times and Kingston 1 time from Montreal.

Now if you asked me if it's safe on highway.. well. i drove a Smart on highway, and i feel the Smart get "sucked" under a huge truck when i drive beside them... strangely even my Yaris gave me that feeling, but Micra doesn't give me that feelings.

Totally worth bringing the car to BC, you 'd lose more than 2k$ if you try to sell / break lease anyways.

Thanks
    Yeah I mean I may be able to bring it to BC if it's gonna cost more to break the lease than to move the car up there. I'd hate to part with the car but it's just gonna be hard to make the lease payments, insurance, gas, and then living expenses on top of it all. I'll have to take out a student loan I guess to cover those expenses plus school expenses.

I did a road trip the summer in the car. About 700kms around the "Irish Loop" in Newfoundland from St. John's and back. It was fine then but I just won't be able to fit all my stuff in the car. I'll probably have to rent a U-haul car hauler trailer and put the Micra on that.
    Last edited by AdamMurphy94; 04-08-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks
    i got bigblue off a leasebusters ad. Lease transfer fee is negotiable.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigblue For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-11-2016)