Dear Nissan: (Future Micra's)
I am a happy owner of a 2015 Nissan Micra I bought in 2014. It's been a fun little car, and I think it's a fine first car for many people. However, I've seen what you can do with the Micra. As I get ready to pass mine down to my son, here are the things I'll be looking for in my second Micra:
1) Fix the damned speedometer. There's no reason it should be out that far.
EDIT: 1.5) Fix the fuel economy computer as well, it's way too optimistic.
2) Keep the cabin air filter option.
3) Bluetooth support needs to support audio streaming.
4) Make your top-of-the-line Micra more top-of-the-line. I don't understand why you wouldn't have incorporated the auto-climate controls, keyless ignition, sat-nav head unit, dual automatic up and down windows, dual glovebox, extra interior lighting, better sound insulation, factory tint, and six speed automatic transmission or a CVT in your SR model. Also, up the horses for the SR just a little, so that an SR Micra can do the 0-60 run in under 8 seconds. Zero gravity seats would have also been nice. Can't do all of this in an SR trim? Make another trim level.
5) More cubbies and storage. Small Japanese cars are traditionally known for their generous storage spots strategically located around the interior, and I have to say my Micra was a bit of a let-down in this department, as I've discovered a lot of wasted opportunities for storage cubbies abound in the dashboard alone.
6) Fold-and-tumble rear seat. I understand you may not want this on your cheapest model, but at least offer it as an option.
7) Tilt and telescoping steering, and let the front seats slide a little further back into the back seat. If I don't have back seat passengers, I'd like to have that little bit of extra legroom for myself.
8) Do more cool stuff. You've shown us that you can do a convertible Micra, a quick little turbocharged Micra, and a super-efficient diesel powered Micra. There have been Micra camper conversions, as well as Micra truck bed conversions. Keep the Micra fun. Why not bring out a new theme each year?
9) Go retro. The Micra is a car from the 80's, and it would be awesome to see that retro styling return. I loved my K10 because it reminded me of cars like the DeLorean. We've had our PT Cruiser, New Beetle, and the Chevy HHR from the 40's and 50's, and we've seen the return of the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's; it's time for an automobile manufacturer to produce something that represents the iconic 1980's. The Micra is the perfect platform to represent that decade, and you'd be the first!
Think about it. Consider it. Perhaps I'm wrong and my tastes are too eccentric to satisfy, but I put this out there because, quite frankly, Micra is the only automobile model name in this class to survive from the 80's, and I think it deserves to be great.
Last edited by AlphaMicra; 03-12-2016 at 08:38 AM.
In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com
View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...