Thread: Starting in the Cold, making noise

Thanks

Post Starting in the Cold, making noise

I noticed when i start my Micra in the wet/cold after it has been sitting all night or after work, it makes a rattling sound. This only happens when it is wet or cold outside and it only does it when it sits. I guess if the car is warm is doesnt do anything. Its a slight rattle with minimal shakes. It only starts when i put it in drive for a couple of seconds. Can anybody tell me why? is is worth bringing it in to the dealer under warranty or are they just going to say im crazy?

Let me know what i should do or if anybody has this problem.

Thanks
    Possibly the heat shield on your exhaust. They do have that issue sometimes.

Thanks
    I 'd bring it to dealership in the morning, let the car sit at their outdoor parking, give them the keys, take the shuttle home (My dealer has shuttle)
    Tell them to start testing only at 2 pm.

Thanks
    when the fan for the a/c clutch kicks in after sitting a while it gives an ugly noise. try turn your ignition on turning your ac off, then proceed to start the car. see if it helps. I know out of any noise my car has made this once worried me the most with the least reason.
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    THAT's RIGHT SMUTT155, i have the same problem. i got used to turn off my AC as soon as i ignite the car.
    Isn't this a manufacture issue? i mean.. it shouldn't make that kind of sound..

Thanks
    No, this isn't an issue. We all have decided to buy the cheapest car on the market. Some of the components will be louder than those in more expensive models. We get what we pay for. There is no issue with the actual part, just loud.
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    For the A/C engagement noise. Could it be that the shim in the compressor clutch is just a touch too big and the plate traveling across the gap and making impact is causing the noise?

Thanks
    Any update, testadan?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    brought it in could justify fixing it seeing as how they couldnt hear anything wrong with the sound. Left it there all day. Its a tough one to prove when it only happens in the cold. Ill try starting with fan off and all that but dealer wont touch it if you cant prove it. Especially when its for free under warranty.

Thanks
    brought it in. They couldnt justify fixing it seeing as how they couldnt hear anything wrong with the sound. Left it there all day. Its a tough one to prove when it only happens in the cold. Ill try starting with fan off and all that but dealer wont touch it if you cant prove it. Especially when its for free under warranty.