Thread: Do you guys carry a shovel in the car for winter?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Do you guys carry a shovel in the car for winter?

I am just curious if I am the only guy that does this. I bought a short 24 inch handle plastic garden shovel three cars ago and it has dug me out many times. What do you fellows carry?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I don't carry much in my cars at all. My usual load out is:

1) scraper (just in winter)
    2) jumper cables (year round to help people out)
    3) sometimes a first aid kit and flashlight

Thanks
    i never carry shovel, because i rarely park outside, and the time i do, i don't stay long enough for the snow to pile up.

i have scraper, flashlight, 1L water, a bag of candies.

Thanks
    I have a shovel specifically for the car, handle collapses, easier to store and yes, I have it in for the winter months, along with small first aid kit, scraper, snowbrush, flashlight, tea light candles and an old tin to hold them, and a lighter.
    Good idea to carry some water and non perishable snack food.

Thanks
    I'm the same as Daox, except in the winter I also have a shovel with collapsible handle.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    I probably should... but the only times I've ever been stuck where a shovel could have helped me out is in my own driveway because I've been too lazy to clear it off. Always more fun to try to see if you can make it through, first.

I once went off-roading by accident in a blizzard and no shovel would have helped me out that time. Fortunately, I was right in front of a friendly farmer's house, and he was kind enough to fire up the Massey Ferguson to help a stranger.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    When I got my first Micra, I proudly bought a wooden handle blue car shovel, made in Canada, specifically made for cars and kept it in the hatch every winter. I never used it to get myself unstuck, but I did help others who were either stuck or got plowed in. Each time I helped someone out, I carved a notch in the handle. There are three notches. Eventually, I just stopped bothering to put it in my trunk. However, the first winter I drove my new Micra, I put it in there for old times sake, but this winter I didn't bother. Hardly seems worth the space anymore.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...