Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Nissan: (Future Micra's)

Thanks

Dear Nissan: (Future Micra's)

I am a happy owner of a 2015 Nissan Micra I bought in 2014. It's been a fun little car, and I think it's a fine first car for many people. However, I've seen what you can do with the Micra. As I get ready to pass mine down to my son, here are the things I'll be looking for in my second Micra:

1) Fix the damned speedometer. There's no reason it should be out that far.

EDIT: 1.5) Fix the fuel economy computer as well, it's way too optimistic.

2) Keep the cabin air filter option.

3) Bluetooth support needs to support audio streaming.

4) Make your top-of-the-line Micra more top-of-the-line. I don't understand why you wouldn't have incorporated the auto-climate controls, keyless ignition, sat-nav head unit, dual automatic up and down windows, dual glovebox, extra interior lighting, better sound insulation, factory tint, and six speed automatic transmission or a CVT in your SR model. Also, up the horses for the SR just a little, so that an SR Micra can do the 0-60 run in under 8 seconds. Zero gravity seats would have also been nice. Can't do all of this in an SR trim? Make another trim level.

5) More cubbies and storage. Small Japanese cars are traditionally known for their generous storage spots strategically located around the interior, and I have to say my Micra was a bit of a let-down in this department, as I've discovered a lot of wasted opportunities for storage cubbies abound in the dashboard alone.

6) Fold-and-tumble rear seat. I understand you may not want this on your cheapest model, but at least offer it as an option.

7) Tilt and telescoping steering, and let the front seats slide a little further back into the back seat. If I don't have back seat passengers, I'd like to have that little bit of extra legroom for myself.

8) Do more cool stuff. You've shown us that you can do a convertible Micra, a quick little turbocharged Micra, and a super-efficient diesel powered Micra. There have been Micra camper conversions, as well as Micra truck bed conversions. Keep the Micra fun. Why not bring out a new theme each year?

9) Go retro. The Micra is a car from the 80's, and it would be awesome to see that retro styling return. I loved my K10 because it reminded me of cars like the DeLorean. We've had our PT Cruiser, New Beetle, and the Chevy HHR from the 40's and 50's, and we've seen the return of the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's; it's time for an automobile manufacturer to produce something that represents the iconic 1980's. The Micra is the perfect platform to represent that decade, and you'd be the first!

Think about it. Consider it. Perhaps I'm wrong and my tastes are too eccentric to satisfy, but I put this out there because, quite frankly, Micra is the only automobile model name in this class to survive from the 80's, and I think it deserves to be great.

Last edited by AlphaMicra; 03-12-2016 at 08:38 AM.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    So what you are telling me, is that you want this awesome little economy car to be trimmed up enough that we are paying 30 grand for a micra?
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    Here are a few design idea's I would love to see changed, and was in my first post here:

* the interior light does not stay on long enough; at night, if you're not in a lit area, it's hard to find the ignition.
    * manual rear door locks are INSANE to slide to the unlock position from the front. It's a tight squeeze to reach your arm through the seat and car frame (yes, it's a compact car), but the lock is smooth in the handle and it's very hard to slide it to the 'unlock' position, especially if you have lotion on your hands or soft gloves, don't even try.
    * Make all doors on the manual lock to the LEFT, and unlock to the RIGHT. Quite a nuisance when you're in the rain with a passenger and needing to lock the hatch and you're getting soaked trying to figure this out.
    * Front doors must use a key to lock from outside. Some like the fact as you won't lock yourself out, but I miss just pushing the lock and shutting the door. It can be done, but it's awkward to hold the handle OUT while you push the door IN, if you want to lock it without the key.

I did lodge these, and a few more, complaints to Nissan. Little minor things that drove me insane!

Thanks
    I'd like them to give us here the option of a 1.6 engine, some sportier exterior trim, some anti-rollbar bushes that last longer than 4 months at a time. And please please stop building them in India! I am still finding things loose! The back bumper was so loose it rattled about even just sat stationary in a breeze! And then the front hub nuts! Come on Nissan you know you can do better!

Thanks
    I vote for some sort of convertible like in a fiat 500c. Not a true convertible but allows for open air driving. Turbo Yes!

Thanks
    Some of these are pipe dreams but!

A permanent fix for the hr16de "knock" that some have.
    Design the rear seat that if folds down flat instead of having 2 levels
    Smaller rear headrests so that the seat folds down without removing them
    Fix the damn speedo.
    Auto HVAC as an option
    GPS infotainment, carplay as option
    S models should be able to get just AC or Cruise as options, and not as a 3k package.
    Fold down rear armrest on rear seats and a proper front armrest cubby.
    More cubby holes. Really. I get one between the front seats barely big enough for a wallet and door pockets.
    Trim the dash so the cupholders are easier to access.
    Move the radio's aux input to near the shifter. Tired of having long cords from the dash so it doesnt dangle.

Accessories to all models that could be bought after the purchase (dealer installed options, canada should have these):
    Cargo net for the trunk so when you open the tailgate your stuff doesn't roll out.
    This:

And this:

Also this:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Wynter (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMUTT155 View Post
    So what you are telling me, is that you want this awesome little economy car to be trimmed up enough that we are paying 30 grand for a micra?
    I don't understand why you'd think it would cost 30 grand, when top-heavy fatcat GM can option out the Sonic LTZ similar to my premium Micra wish list for just a bit over $28 grand: http://www.ontariomotorsales.com/new...o-id878229.htm

But yes, I do believe that a premium $25k Micra package should be made available.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I agree with that. Some people do indeed like the small size of the micra and the styling. If you happen to live in a space restricted area, like a condo in downtown Vancouver or Toronto, then getting the most luxury in the smallest possible package might make more sense. For some people its not so much the cost, but the practicality of the item for the situation they are in that makes sense.

For example, in japan the NISMO micras Start at $18,647CDN and the Bolero 4wd (believe it or not a 4wd micra exists) is $20473.83CDN. Spec'd out, its even more if you add on accessories and a few options.

Which is another point.. Hey nissan. The 4wd micra might make sense as an option here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (03-11-2016),LilGeckos (03-11-2016),Wynter (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Love the 4x4 idea!

At the other end of the spectrum, how about a base model Micra that can be sold without a stereo system or wheel covers to cater to those buyers who prefer to install their own head unit and custom wheels. Personally, I tend to favour aftermarket head units, but I think it's wasteful to replace a good working factory unit

Thanks
    That's not a bad idea either. My old man doesnt bother buying cars with radios because.. Well he is deaf. A very small percentage I know, but having it blanked so people can buy and have their own installed would bring the msrp down a few bucks too I'd imagine. Ive been on the fence on replacing my head unit with an ebay one myself to add bluetooth and gps to my micra..

Maybe a commercial version. With the rear seat removed. I know those promark telecom utility locate guys would probably love the idea.