Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions For Your Micra? Ask This Nissan Parts Guy!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynter View Post
    as soon as you lift the hood, it's at the front just to the left. In this shot, you can see the bent area if you follow the black cord to almost the middle, that's where it looks like it's bent and if you zoom in you can see the wire leaving the cord.
    Attachment 2073
    confirmed ground wire

SMUTT155

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SMUTT155 For This Useful Post:

Wynter (02-28-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is so cool having two nissan parts guys on the forum. Definitely handy
    I agree. Very cool.

Thanks
    Occasionally, when I go to WOT after shifting into the next higher gear, there is an (embarassing) loss in power. I release the accelerator and reapply a couple of times, then the power is back on. Not good when I'm digging for power when merging onto the highway and about to be overrun by an 18 wheeler.

Also, my son reported today that the engine stalled after starting; it went to a high RPM, then died. He eventually did get it started.

Neither problem is reliably reproducible. Is it worth my while bringing my Micra to the dealership, or should I wait until the problems become more reliable to reproduce?

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Occasionally, when I go to WOT after shifting into the next higher gear, there is an (embarassing) loss in power. I release the accelerator and reapply a couple of times, then the power is back on. Not good when I'm digging for power when merging onto the highway and about to be overrun by an 18 wheeler.

Also, my son reported today that the engine stalled after starting; it went to a high RPM, then died. He eventually did get it started.

Neither problem is reliably reproducible. Is it worth my while bringing my Micra to the dealership, or should I wait until the problems become more reliable to reproduce?
    Drive it until it happens again make notes, and if possible take videos, then take those videos to the dealership little things you can record or tell us are a big help in diagnosing the issue. The rpm issue isnt something i have seen personally myself. Ia it a manual transmission? Which gearin particular do you feel the power loss?
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    Manual transmission, happened again this morning at highway speeds. Seems to be only an issue at WOT, returning the gas pedal to 2/3rds caused the engine power to resume, so I opted to downshift to get the needed power.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Manual transmission, happened again this morning at highway speeds. Seems to be only an issue at WOT, returning the gas pedal to 2/3rds caused the engine power to resume, so I opted to downshift to get the needed power.
    Im not saying that your not having an issue, but with little more than i hundred horsepower you can push this engine to its limit. If it ia effecting the safety of your drive you should take it to dealership. When its the last time your air filter was changed and what is yournmileage?
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is so cool having two nissan parts guys on the forum. Definitely handy
    Agreed!

Thanks SMUTT155 for doing this. Hopefully you don't get peppered with so much that you run away and hide!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Agreed!

Thanks SMUTT155 for doing this. Hopefully you don't get peppered with so much that you run away and hide!
    Happy to help, but everyone needs to remember, Im trying to help, Im not a technician and I do not diagnose. Your selling dealership will always be the best bet when trying to figure out an issue with you vehicle. However I don't mind pointing people in the right direction. I came to this forum cause I was also eager to learn more about my car, its nice having a group of people that take such interest in a car that some would only consider a cheaper economy, yet so many have taken them so much further. Lots of inspiration coming from everyone. Being on the west coast of the country everyone seems to post their questions fairly early for me, so 24 hours is the time I try to respond in.
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    Do you think your dealership would be interested in doing "group buys" on some OEM parts for a discount to members?

For example, just off the top of my head I'm thinking: SR rear spoiler kits, fog light assemblies, mud guards, etc. Stuff like that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    No, there would definitely not be through me. That sounds like a shipping fiasco, ordering from your selling dealership is your best bet.

SMUTT155