Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard to change gear... (problem in the shifter to the transmission?)

Thanks
    Just don't want them to get you with the "did you change the fluid " suprise question. Not sure off hand when the schedule says it but it's early I know that.

Thanks
    Oil change and hydraulic oil change as been made in the last schedule, yep when I was around 31 000km. I do follow up the maintenance schedule at the nissan dealership, except for the braking cleaning that I did myself. (they was charging 250$ for the rear brake cleaning...)

Thanks
    Ok good they can't hold that against you. Did this start happening after they changed it? If so you probably have a air bubble in the clutch line or slave.

Thanks
    That exactly what I thought about it Pete for the air bubble. I even tell them the same thing you just mentionned to them and they they reaction was like they didn't care or didn't thing that would be the problem. Anywait like saying before, I will ride it more, see where it goes, then if it still bug me, I will take the car to an other nissan dealer and tell them the exact same thing.

Or maybe, i will do it by myself hahaha!

Thanks
    If it shifts easier like way easier with double or triple clutching then that is probably it.

Thanks
    One more small test:

If there is a leak or bubble in the system, causing the clutch to not fully release, you may notice the car will move very, very slightly when you start the engine when it is already in 1st gear and the clutch is pressed. You have to be on level ground, with no brakes on to experience this (no parking brake, no foot brake).

It sounds to me like yours may not be as bad as my brother's was. So this may not happen to yours.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Alright, I check that out real soon, then I will write back the result on here later

Thanks
    Alright, just did ur test and the car didn't move at all when starting it in 1 gear while pressing the clutch down.
    But I did found sometime weirld... there are yellow liquid (not the same color of the winsheild washer) mark on the ground each time that I put reverse to gear 1 or vice versa or when I start the car ... That started to does that not so long ago or that alwait did that and never notice it. I just checked out the oil in the engine and that alright same place than it was last week or two.

After the ride I just did, it the same than before for engaging the clutch, bit harder to engage than when it was new, but still "driveble" yet.

Name:  20160224_130947.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  93.5 KB
    Last edited by pilip948; 02-24-2016 at 02:03 PM. Reason: picture added

Thanks
    I also found yellow liquid under my Micra AT the other day.

Check this link : http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/foru...d-leak-solved/

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matriq For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (02-24-2016),Pete (02-24-2016),pilip948 (02-24-2016)

Thanks
    Alright, thnx alot, it was bugging me alot too! It making sense, because when I check the oil compartement, hydraulic (line), nothing have moved a once.