Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New plates arrived today! Pic of old & new

Thanks
    New pic. of my Micra by Lake Ontario, sporting its new plates. Next pic will be in warmer with the MF decals, can't wait for that!

Name:  100_1744.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  94.6 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wynter For This Useful Post:

Moose (02-11-2016),ptbo micra (02-11-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
    L!ghtninchris: I removed the protector from the dealer; if they want me to advertise, they can pay me! lol
    I bought clear covers, had blue on it years ago and grey. I've always had covers on, but washing, salt, etc, they still rust. Every time I touched the old ones, rust would fall to the floor.
    Apparently every 5 years if your plates are rusted or not legible, MTO will issue a free set.

Howie! Your plates trump any personalized plate, being Veteran plates! Respect for all you do!!
    Glad you figured it out!! How often we say, iddl-do or however you spell it. Took a new shot by the lake for my garage pic here.
    Ya they don't make them like they used too, I took the dealer plates off right away and put the smoked covers as always. I have another set of personalized plates from 6years ago still look fine just bent and scrapped here and there from accident.

I work in Canadian tire auto service helping mechanics and u won't believe the plates I see peeling right off some completely Gray no blue at all!

Thanks
    You'd see it all for sure working there, interesting. I've seen so many on the road that you can't even read. I was told at MTO today that you'd be fined if you couldn't read the plate.

I love the smoke-colored covers, and flat ones, which I can't find. The clear ones I bought 'bubble' out a bit and I tightened one screw a bit too much, small crack. If not for the dealers advertising, I'd have left those covers on, but I'm ticked at that dealer so off they went!

The new plates are so much thinner and lighter than the old ones, even with half of mine missing due to rust!

Neat, you have another 'custom' set of plates. I have another 'custom' set also.

Thanks
    Lol we actually sell the smoked ones at my work. I got a ticket once for them a couple years back and took pictures, fought the ticket and won. Officer said u can't see Ur plate (in the bright daytime sunlight) and said nighttime would be worse. Uhh, nighttime there is a light shining on it a white led in fact lol.

My current plate is "TEEMO" which is a character in video game I play on computer called league of legends as u can see in my garage. My previous one was "PIKACHU2" since pikachu was taken and 2 is my favourite number lol

Thanks
    Just thought I'd change it up after years of ppl giving me looks for pikachu plate for some reason. I grew up with Pokemon pikachu was my favourite thing as a child through young adulthood

Thanks
    I've seen your TEEMO here. Now I know the meaning behind it. Had I played video games I'd have known that, but..I'm deprived! lol Fun to change things for sure.

I remember Pokeman, but not specifically pikachu. My kids, son especially was into it big time, possibly age 8? Too far back, he's 26 now. They were probably trying to figure it out, and I love checking my rear view mirror watching others shake their head trying to figure out what the heck it means!

I did hear colored covers are illegal, but I thought 'blackout' was also?