Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: suspension click sound (noise on bumps) SOLVED -- sway bar bushing

Thanks
    FYI: the Nissan invoice price to replace these is $344

Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ptbo micra For This Useful Post:

jude (04-02-2018),Pete (02-26-2018)

Thanks
    Wow....Rip-off..that include installation?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcj2 View Post
    How do you grease these? Must they be taken apart, or can you inject grease in these somehow?
    Unscrew two bolts, take off bracket, pull off mounts (they are open on one side I think), grease inside with silicone (important) grease, pop back on, fill outer grease channel on mount or bracket and then put back on and screw in.

Note I am not a mechanic and not done mounts yet. I do hobby stuff like spark plugs and oils changes and have only read about mount replacements on forums and various google/ YouTube things. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NUBNUB For This Useful Post:

Memorex88 (01-16-2020),MetroMPG (02-23-2018)

Thanks
    I had the same issue with my Micra at about 18,000 km. Brought it to the attention of my service advisor during a routine service appointment, but of course during their test drive they didn't hear anything. However, I was told there is a Technical Service Bulletin for this issue. After some back and forth and more test driving with the service technician, finally got the sway bar bushings replaced today with 3 months left in my warranty

Subject: SB Versa Sedan/Note, and Micra; Squeak in Front Suspension Over Bumps
    Summary of NTB17042:
    IF YOU CONFIRM
    Squeak noise coming from the stabilizer bushings while driving over bumps at slow speeds,
    ACTION
    Replace both stabilizer bushings.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jude For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-02-2018)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jude View Post
    I had the same issue with my Micra at about 18,000 km. Brought it to the attention of my service advisor during a routine service appointment, but of course during their test drive they didn't hear anything. However, I was told there is a Technical Service Bulletin for this issue. After some back and forth and more test driving with the service technician, finally got the sway bar bushings replaced today with 3 months left in my warranty

Subject: SB Versa Sedan/Note, and Micra; Squeak in Front Suspension Over Bumps
    Summary of NTB17042:
    IF YOU CONFIRM
    Squeak noise coming from the stabilizer bushings while driving over bumps at slow speeds,
    ACTION
    Replace both stabilizer bushings.
    Bummer. I think I'm out of warranty now. Just passed 60k last week and when I took it in last month I couldnt replicate the noise when going for a ride with the service guy. It only seems to happen when it's very cold out.

Hoping now that greasing them helps for next winter.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jude View Post
    I was told there is a Technical Service Bulletin for this issue.
    Thanks for sharing that info!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hello is this an easy diy I think my used car has the same issue , going to try and add grease just not sure if is an easy diy without dropping subframe. Thanks

Thanks
    Looks like I am having the same issue. Does anyone know the part number for the sway arm bushings? Are they the same ones used on the Versa?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ2015 View Post
    Looks like I am having the same issue. Does anyone know the part number for the sway arm bushings? Are they the same ones used on the Versa?
    see attachments
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

Memorex88 (01-02-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    see attachments
    Thank you. It's interesting that the same bushing is used for the micra and the versa. After some looking around it seems that the micra has a 18mm roll bar and the versa has a 22mm roll bar. Does the sub frame need to be lowered to access the bushings? Debating on trying to tackle the job without taking it to the dealer.