Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: suspension click sound (noise on bumps) SOLVED -- sway bar bushing

Thanks
    Why lowering subframe? Take clamp out which is holding bushing and slide new one in place. U can free bar by taking out 2 nuts from each end(they connect stabilizer link to the bar).
    Dont forget to grease them with silicone grease when installing.

Its very easy job to do if u have heated garage if no wait till spring :-)

Thanks
    ive replaced these on other cars and they can be kinda bithcy....mazda has an allen key that strips...so you need to hold the ball stud still while you undo the nut ...visegrips, wd40, HEAT...yes a propane torch....and a DREMEL CUT OFF WHEEL u can do it yourself....dont freak..but u need to be HANDY!////so what happens is there needs to be ball joints so u can turn the wheels...but the ball joints wear and become "jiggly" thats the noise....so your replacing basically 2 ball joints... BUT THE BALL JOINT ROTATES!!!(hard to take off nut) .some manufacturers eliminate the ball joint .by connecting to A arm...NOT rotating strut..aka honda ... so its jut a vertical rubber bushing joint///which seems like a better idea to me

lol its the bushings the bar rotates in...not the end links ...i just realized...shoot it with oil,silicon, wd 40, cooking oil, ANYTHING and it should stop,i wouldnt even replace them unless your autocrossing
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 12-15-2020 at 11:15 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Anyone have any luck with a process on how to do this without lowering the entire subframe?

I just got a quote from my local Nissan dealer of $398 to replace mine

They also quoted $109 for a cabin filter?! Da fuq, it's $20 from NAPA.

(that's not including the diagnostic fee I had to pay for them to actually confirm that was the issue :| )

It only seems to be noisy when it's cold, so I can live with it for now.

Thanks
    you shouldnt have to lower the subrame to replace the sway bar end links, if you do Nissan did something wrong!

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!