Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Improper muffler" HTA 75(1) / "unnecessary noise" HTA 75(4)

Vehicles with right hand drive
    63. Every vehicle that is equipped with a right hand drive shall, unless it is equipped with a mechanical or electrical signal device as described in subsection 142(6), have prominently displayed on the rear thereof, in bold face letters of not less than 50 millimetres in height and of a colour which is in contrast to that of the vehicle, the words,
    "RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLE".
    R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 63.

section 142(6) HTA

Requirements for signalling device
    (6) A mechanical or electrical signal device shall clearly indicate the intention to turn, shall be visible and understandable during day-time and night-time from the front and from the rear of the vehicle for a distance of 30 metres, and shall be self-illuminated when used at any time from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 142 (6).

No he stopped me and started asking about me car, asking me if it's illegal.
    I told him it's not, it's a "grey market import 15years or older"

Tells me I'm suppose to have a sticker.

I tell him under section 142 subsection 6 I had the prescribed signalling and brake lights.

He goes back to his car.

Comes back and tells me this that and the other thing is still illegal. I explain to him it's not. Show him all my documents, safety inspection, federal form1 for Canadian compliance, tell him the car is exactly how I imported it, if it's illegal then cbsa would not have released it.

After wasting 45 mins of my time ( plus the original 20 on wifi ) he let me go without ticket.

He even questioned me about my gloves I was wearing.

I told him it's cold, for one, and 2 it has better grip for the steering wheel which can be slippery.

He was literally looking for anything as an excuse to charge me with something, anything.

But there no such this as quota. Maybe not quota per-say but stats are down in a,b,c.. So we need to enforce more x,y,z etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    What a collosal waste of time! (And tax money.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Law is the law tho.

But. Ive yet to see people that have those RH Drive hilux's that are deisel with a sticker. Im looking at one right out my window.

Its only because its a sporty car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

The law states as long as you have a signalling device you DONT need a sticker that says right hand drive.
    That's the point. The officer didn't know or understand the law.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    The law states as long as you have a signalling device you DONT need a sticker that says right hand drive.
    That's the point. The officer didn't know or understand the law.
    Most don't. In Toronto, if they don't know what to charge you with, they simply slap you with a "Dangerous Driving" charge and hope the prosecutor figures it out. Problem is, if they can't prove it in court and you're not gullible to fall for the prosecutor's "Agree to a lesser charge" scam, you will be found "Not guilty." Too bad most people don't know that they hang themselves.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...