Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Got Micra questions? Post them here to get answers from a Nissan Canada expert

Thanks
    Will ask about financing. The lowering question was actually submitted in our latest batch of questions. I'm not sure when we'll be getting those back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Today in Montreal I got answers to several questions from our latest batch...

2) Any NISMO or other approved bolt-on performance products available?

They're "investigating" NISMO products for the car.

7) Does the Micra have a tow rating? (IE. can you tow with it?)

Not officially rated for towing.

8) Does the fuel economy computer on board the Micra offer information in Miles per Gallon as well as in Metric? If so, Imperial or US gallons?

Alpha, you're correct: there are no other units in the information display/trip computer than km and L.

11) This question is about the modified red Micra shown at the Toronto Auto show (the one with 18 inch wheels, vinyl graphics & big NISSAN decals): what modifications were made to lower the car? (This member wants to mod his Micra to duplicate the show car.)

The lowered car from the Toronto auto show was there. Funny: the marketing manager had actually been using that car as his daily driver around Toronto for a while. It has Euro market Micra springs sourced from a Californian company. He didn't know the company name offhand, but we'll get that info.

12) Is Bluetooth in the Micra SV convenience package and the SR for calls only, or does it support R2DP Bluetooth audio streaming as well?

There's no Bluetooth audio streaming

More to come...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Today in Montreal I got answers to several questions from our latest batch...

>>> The lowered car from the Toronto auto show was there. Funny: the marketing manager had actually been using that car as his daily driver around Toronto for a while. It has Euro market Micra springs sourced from a Californian company. He didn't know the company name offhand, but we'll get that info.
    I have a feeling given the description, these could very well be the exact springs being used. Specific 1.6 Micra K13 lowering springs from Eibach.

So they're just run-of-the-mill Eibach Pro-Kits.

http://eibach.lowering-springs.com/N...IV_K13-1.6.jsp

If these are the ones, man am I excited. Not only are they easy to source, they are priced very competitively and very high quality.

Now just waiting for dealers to get a manual SR, then I'll sign my papers and lease one for 36 months, might buy it out after, might not. We'll see...

Thanks
    Better late than never, here are the remaining questions/answers from Montreal...

1) First question asked half-jokingly; we can predict the official answer... Will the MR16DDT engine bolt up to the Micra's transmission?

This one elicited a smile only.

3) Any stats on 0-100 km/h time or braking?

The company doesn't publish performance stats; they leave that up to the media and owners to figure out.
    4) Is the Micra's HR16DE an interference engine?

I forgot to ask - will get the answer via e-mail.

5) Any idea of how long before the existing K13 is replaced by K14? (Asked because Canada seems to be getting it about half way through the product cycle.)

No comment on future product plans.

6) What wattage is the engine block heater?

Will get this answer via e-mail too.

9) Can I get a Datsun badge for my Micra?

Ditto.

10) What's the effect of the optional rear spoiler on the Micra's drag coefficient? (It looks like it might be a drag-reducing design, but these things are sometimes hard to tell by appearance alone.)

The factory "extended roofline" style spoiler is an appearance item; no drag reduction.
    11) This question is about the modified red Micra shown at the Toronto Auto show (the one with 18 inch wheels, vinyl graphics & big NISSAN decals): what modifications were made to lower the car? (This member wants to mod his Micra to duplicate the show car.)

I'll ask for the spring supplier by e-mail.

Thanks
    Is the cabin filter behind the glove box like the Versa?

Will the automatic climate control HVAC controls work in place of the manual HVAC controls?

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm not sure what you're asking about the HVAC - can you expand, please?

Tomorrow AM I'll send these in.

Thanks
    Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning. See http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...e-auto-climate

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Better late than never, here are the remaining questions/answers from Montreal...

1) First question asked half-jokingly; we can predict the official answer... Will the MR16DDT engine bolt up to the Micra's transmission?

This one elicited a smile only.
    Imagine a Micra Nismo with 188 HP pushing it along? Smiles indeed

It would make an interesting project for one of the forum members with more money and mechanical knowledge then sense to take the engine from a wrecked Juke and place it inside a new Micra
    Last edited by Ustauk; 05-28-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks
    Do the windows in the Micra provide protection from UV rays?