Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new daily

Thanks

The new daily

Hey guys, thought I'd drop in and say hi.

I picked up a 2015 Micra to replace my 98 Civic that got written off and I've been quite impressed by it for the passed year.

I've owned pretty much any kind of nissan for the past 14 years, my first car was a 92 240sx and it just expanded from there.

I now own an 89 Nissan 180sx that has become more of a toy which is why I have a little daily driver for my 35km commute every morning.

I also run a nissan community called Northwestnissans.com and we hold a nissan specific event just outside of Seattle, WA every year called NissanFest.

Anyway that's a bit about me! Looking forward to having some fun with this little beast of a car.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site GaelenN.

What attracted you to the Micra?

Thanks
    It's funny: a couple of local guys with drift/project 240's and a Skyline just looked down their noses when I showed them the Micra

EDIT: anybody doing anything interesting with Micras in your scene? I suppose it's mostly U.S. participants, so probably not.

Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site GaelenN.

What attracted you to the Micra?
    Well i spent about a month looking for another civic but couldnt find anything good. Ive had nissans since i could drive and i saw the micra up for under 10k. Talked to my guys at the local dealership and test drove one. It was decent and the payments worked in my favor. Gets great mileage too!

and at 6'4 330lbs, it was one of the few small cars i comfortably fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It's funny: a couple of local guys with drift/project 240's and a Skyline just looked down their noses when I showed them the Micra

EDIT: anybody doing anything interesting with Micras in your scene? I suppose it's mostly U.S. participants, so probably not.

Welcome!
    Most of my friends did the same when i bought it. I have turned most of them just by letting them drive it! Although they all say i should turbocharge it haha

Nothing as of yet, After i finish my reno's I'll probably do some coilovers and wheels and possibly a few other touches. The americans are all stumped by it. I showed up with it at a nissan dealership show in washington and the entire sales staff was out looking it over lol

Thanks
    I wonder if they thought it would sell down there.

Though I'm sure Nissan wouldn't dare introducing a $10k Micra into the States and threaten the dominance of the Versa sedan (and increasingly, the Note) in the subcompact sales charts. Nissan has owned that segment in the U.S. for years.

and at 6'4 330lbs, it was one of the few small cars i comfortably fit in.
    Yeah, it's shocking how much headroom there is when you first get inside.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I don't think they ever will get down to the US. They already control that market and as stereotypical as it is... people might be too big for this car lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GaelenN For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (02-02-2016)

That's a RHD model is it not? I actually sold my ER34 GTT and bought my micra. I too think you should turbocharge your micra.
    I figure with tuning and stock everything you could probably get away with 4.5-7psi and 160-190hp with something in the gt15-20 turbo range. When you do your suspension and tires it will feel even better. Hugs the road nicely.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It is yes. I don't know if i could have done that..... Those are fun cars! I've owned 2 R32 GTR's over the years but went back to the s13's when i bought my first condo.

It would be very fun for sure! In time I might get to it but I have another project car to start first that will take priority.

If you paid insurance like we do here and get harassed by police all the time, you'd understand. Don't get me wrong I'm JDM 4 lyfe. But the money I'm saving in gas and insurance alone. Plus I suffer from moditus, which is expensive for The rb25Debt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    OH I believe it! Ontario insurance is terrible for imported cars. However i'd trade it any day for the GOV insurance we have here. If i claim a little bump they'll write the car off.