Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Nissan Micra Cup Limited Edition trim

Thanks

2016 Nissan Micra Cup Limited Edition trim

So, the Micra surprise at the Montreal auto show was revealed today.

It's a cosmetic package they're calling the 2016 Micra Cup Limited Edition.

Name:  micra-cup-1.jpg
Views: 3310
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  micra-cup-2.jpg
Views: 3838
Size:  77.8 KB

Name:  micra-cup-4.jpg
Views: 3290
Size:  78.8 KB

My guess is it's based on the SV trim (eg. fog light blanks, but body colour mirror caps & door handles) so you can get air conditioning in it.

I'm not gonna lie: I'm a little bit underwhelmed. I was hoping they were at least going to offer some more support for real modifications, eg. suspension bits? Exhaust?

From the press release:

2016 Micra Cup Limited Edition
    The 2016 Micra Cup Limited Edition is the perfect fusion between the Micra built for the street and the Nissan Micra Cup race car built for the track, and brings the dynamic look of an official spec series vehicle from the race track to public roads.

This Micra Cup Limited Edition is inspired by the official Nissan Micra Cup race car and sports a similar exterior appearance and 15'', 8 spoke, Nissan Micra Cup street edition wheels. Inside, this new model features a unique numbered plaque signed by Olivier Bédard, the first-ever Nissan Micra Cup champion.

Only 250 units of the Micra Cup Limited Edition will be produced - available through Nissan dealerships in early spring 2016.

"As the new president of Nissan Canada I am getting to know the country and specifically the people, so I appreciate the fact that our Micra-related news at the Montreal Auto Show this year revolves around one important group – the fans. Canada's most affordable subcompact, the Nissan Micra, and Canada's most affordable race series, the Nissan Micra Cup, are developing a passionate following. I am delighted to offer enthusiasts of both the Nissan Micra and the Nissan Micra Cup a new model that brings a sense of spec series racing to public roads through the Micra Cup Limited Edition," concluded Paiva.
    Source: http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...d-for-the-fans

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (01-24-2016)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    While it does look nice (LOVE the wheels), that is quite disappointing. At least throw some fun handling parts on it...

Thanks
    Really. Stickers and rims.

Jeez. I was hoping for something really cool, like maybe the addition of push button start, standard armrest, navigation. Im not a fan of the rims but to each is own for sure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (01-24-2016)

Thanks
    And more pics on Nissan's PR site:

http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...e-fans/photos/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I actually like the look. It's a modern take on Herbie. Needs the racing number though.

Attachment 1864

Thanks
    one word: MEH
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    As someone who is in the process of purchasing a new micra I have to say that I am glad I am getting the one I am. I don't like white cars they are not fun to work on in the sun and they show the dirt more. If this car had the nismo suspension the micra cup exhaust and the 1.5 liter motor then I would be choked but as it stands I am very happy to be getting a 2015 SV.

^^^ second that kudos on the new car, when you getting it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I couldn't find a day this week to go get it so ALBI Nissan in Blainville is opening the doors on Saturday just for me which is totally awesome of them considering how little profit they will make from the sale.

Thanks
    Anyone else notice that sv trim cup car is missing the nipple on the hatch for the rear camera.

--

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...