Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the WET Coast ! Introducing Super Mikey !

Thanks

Hello from the WET Coast ! Introducing Super Mikey !

Name:  Mikey Forum Picture.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  67.0 KB

Hello Everyone, my name is Robbie and I am a lifelong automobile enthusiast (mostly small and unique cars) and also the owner of a Brand New 2015 Nissan Micra SV (with convenience package) in the Caspian Sea colour.

I name all my cars... a wierd old family tradition. This car is named Mikey, although he is often referred to as SUPER Mikey due to his humble roots and exterior but super powers displayed on the drive.

My car is a bit unique in that I have added the chrome strip at the bottom of the grill that is present on the SR model as I liked the look. I will likely add a few more conservative pieces of chrome as it stands out nicely against the Caspian Sea metallic paint. I will also probably source a nice set of alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires as this is also my way. Also thinking of a stripe or stripe package that will further personalize him. I didn't buy the SR model because I wasn't fond of the tinted taillights/headlights, or the factory mags.

I chose the Micra over several other competitors because of it's amazing small car feel, excellent steering, strong 1.6 l DOHC engine , European handling , smooth and quiet ride and 4 speed ECT Overdrive Automatic (i.e. NOT CVT).

I don't have enough kms on the car yet to do any realistic fuel mileage computing and also haven't yet taken the time to fully figure out how to work the electronic display/ fuel mileage calc / trip odometer , but am following along with those of you who are before I add my own numbers.

A special thank you to the creators of this forum and my fellow Micra enthusiasts for additional ideas, thoughts and inputs as this makes our hobby the great thing that it is. Cheers to all! Robbie ( and Mikey )

Thanks
    Welcome to the site.

Thanks
    do you by any chance pass by the guildford area in surrey, often? i just feel like ive seen your car before...

Thanks
    Congrats on the Micra! You've got me curious what other small and unique cars you've owned.

Welcome to the forum.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Surrey / Guilford area

Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    do you by any chance pass by the guildford area in surrey, often? i just feel like ive seen your car before...
    Sorry, Micropolis, can't be my car as I only had him less than a month and haven't been out that way...

Thanks
    Hey Darin, I've always been an absolute nut for small and different cars , my first car was a VW 1500 S Squareback , I've had several VWS since then such as Karmann Ghias and most recently a 65 Deluxe Sunroof Beetle... Besides those, here's a partial list: 75,77+79 Civic, 78 and 80 Accord Hatches, 79 Fiesta Ghia, 73 SAAB 95 Estate, 73 Datsun 1200, 69 Cortina GT, 63 Vauxhall Victor Super, 80 Pinto hatch, 75 Austin Marina, 80 Subaru GL 4x4, 73 Plymouth Cricket wagon, 71 Datsun 510 wagon, 75 Dodge Colt, 74 Corona SR5 Coupe, Rabbit diesel pick-up, Several 85/86 Mark2 Golfs, various Mk2 Jettas, and just previous to the Micra, 4 Autozam Carols, 2 x 91s and 2x 92s... This is just a partial list, And just the ones that were less common, I am sure I've forgotten a lot of them!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    What a great list!

I had to look up the Plymouth Cricket - I'd never heard of that badge engineering job before (Chrysler/Hillman Europe)!

Name:  plymouth_cricket_1973_images_1_b.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  40.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the Micra!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    What a great list!

I had to look up the Plymouth Cricket - I'd never heard of that badge engineering job before (Chrysler/Hillman Europe)!

Name:  plymouth_cricket_1973_images_1_b.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  40.7 KB
    How cool that you zero'd in on that car... It was one of my favourites... But it wasn't the Badge Engineered N/A version of the Hillman Advenger that you've found... That was the car for 1971 and 1972, but due to the reliability problems and overwhelming success of the Mitsubitshi Colt that Dodge Badge Engineered into the Dodge Colt, for 1973, they introduced the same car as a Plymouth Cricket

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  20.7 KB

Views: 407
Size:  21.0 KB

Views: 549
Size:  13.2 KB

Views: 564
Size:  21.1 KB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Even better!

Man, they sure used a similar styling recipe, didn't they?