Thread: The mini Micra goes to the Garage for its Entrance Exam

Thanks

The mini Micra goes to the Garage for its Entrance Exam

The mini Micra goes to the Garage for its Entrance Exam

The little Micra was definitely not designed for our harsh winters. Its target market promises to be more global: the Micra will survive a lot longer in countries like China, Mexico or India. Here at home, rustproofing is a must if you plan on keeping the car for several years.

Last edited by Ajijic; 12-23-2015 at 11:12 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ajijic For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-23-2015),micrapolis (12-28-2015)

Thanks
    As with any car, unless you live in alberta of course.

The only real parts that I see that will definitally need attention are going to be the side sills where the welds are, In particular on SR models where the side skirts are open, these will trap the snow and salt and hold it against the body.

Rear wheel wells nearest the C pillar are also points as there is a rolled portion at the bottom that looks like it will rust out early in life. Allthough the micra may have been refined for canadians, it isnt built for a long service life. none of them are really.

Rustproofing will definitely extend the life of the car. No doubt about it. Maybe even careful application of something like rhino liner to select areas that wont need service, like the rocker panels, welded seams along the bottom and such.
    Last edited by Howie; 12-23-2015 at 12:15 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    No drip Oil.

Thanks
    The key benefit of the drip oil spray is that it is watery enough to reach more parts of your car than the dripless oil spray.

Should you buy rust-proofing for your car?

Rust & Corrosion Warranties

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Around my area all of the mentioned rust proofing companies, in the article posted, exist and so does Oil Guard which is where I go for rust proofing.

They offer both drip and non drip and the waxy oilings with a slight price difference but indicate the application of both drip and non drip does the same job as far as getting into small crevices and such. The disadvantage of drip oil is a lot of it falls off your car, some of it seeps out of the car and extends along the exterior of rockers and fenders and when dirt gets on the car is just a mess. Last thing; it drips for a lot longer than 2 days, try a couple of weeks and in the warmer weather longer again and this leaves oil on your lane way or garage floor for the kids to play in. The non drip is just that, with this company, there will not be any falling on the lane way, etc, but it will creep out the rockers & fenders pretty much as a one time cleanup unlike the dripping oil spray.

The trick is to get the company to reduce the price they ask and that's pretty simple; tell them you only have half a car.

Thanks
    gracias por el articulo OP.

very very good articule, i esp enjoyed the photo gallery.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    gracias por el articulo OP.

very very good articule, i esp enjoyed the photo gallery.
    You are most welcome, glad you liked it.