Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Micra suitable for high speed highway driving, long distance

Thanks

grinding?

Automatic?? OK, need more info or video about this grinding. It sounds like gears grinding together and failing to engage??

Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_0ne View Post
    I have the automatic so I feel like this is worse. I bought it used and found a plethora of issues with it that we weren't told by the dealer. Missing front fascia clips being one of them. Only work that's been done is oil changes. Doesn't sound good to me. They also didn't believe me about the shaky drivers side mirror that others here have had replaced under warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Automatic?? OK, need more info or video about this grinding. It sounds like gears grinding together and failing to engage??
    Well not so much grinding but sort of. Hit 3rd gear and it just struggles to go and gets really really loud before 4th kicks in and calms it down. Have to take a video and post to show.

Thanks
    Please do!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_0ne View Post
    I have the automatic so I feel like this is worse. I bought it used and found a plethora of issues with it that we weren't told by the dealer. Missing front fascia clips being one of them. Only work that's been done is oil changes. Doesn't sound good to me. They also didn't believe me about the shaky drivers side mirror that others here have had replaced under warranty.
    Wow....hopefully the previous owner wasn't beating on your Mica before giving it up for sale. Our main reason for buying small and new: My wife and I didn't want to take a chance on inheriting someone else's problems if we bought large and used.
    Nice!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Micra In The Mountains For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (06-14-2022)

Thanks
    we have been across canada (towing a little motorcycle tent trailer)...S version car with no ac....great trip for us and our pug. These little cars are great and reasonably comfortable with breaks every couple of hours.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    .... purchased a brand new 2021 March "Sense" auto, 1.6, A/C (they don't sell cars without A/C in Mexico) from Nissan Manzanillo... The 2021 Nissan Micra is badged as the Nissan 'March' in Mexico, and is an extremely popular car there.... same car Auto with O/D is a good combo... drove this car from Manzanillo Colima to Courtenay British Columbia, yes got a few funny looks because of the Jalisco Mexico plate... fuel economy was 55 to 60mpg (imperial) so long as you stay around 55-60mph... a blessing where gas was between $5 and $6 in California. Handled well in the desert crosswinds, snow in the central California Siskiyou's, middle of May. Comfy ergonomic seats were a bonus.... For a sub CA13,000 car this vehicle comes recommended. The automatic in O/D seems to have a good cruise to RPM ratio if you keep it around 60 to 65... this is a bit slow for US freeway speeds but gets the job done... Too bad they quit selling this car in Canada.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MortimerSnerd For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (06-14-2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MortimerSnerd View Post
    .... purchased a brand new 2021 March "Sense" auto, 1.6, A/C (they don't sell cars without A/C in Mexico) from Nissan Manzanillo... The 2021 Nissan Micra is badged as the Nissan 'March' in Mexico, and is an extremely popular car there.... same car Auto with O/D is a good combo... drove this car from Manzanillo Colima to Courtenay British Columbia, yes got a few funny looks because of the Jalisco Mexico plate... fuel economy was 55 to 60mpg (imperial) so long as you stay around 55-60mph... a blessing where gas was between $5 and $6 in California. Handled well in the desert crosswinds, snow in the central California Siskiyou's, middle of May. Comfy ergonomic seats were a bonus.... For a sub CA13,000 car this vehicle comes recommended. The automatic in O/D seems to have a good cruise to RPM ratio if you keep it around 60 to 65... this is a bit slow for US freeway speeds but gets the job done... Too bad they quit selling this car in Canada.
    How do you like the facelift?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarchMicra18 View Post
    How do you like the facelift?
    ... the car has a much sharper angular look about it with a redesigned front end. It's lost it's 'bubble car' look, and has a more stylish appearance. What with CA $2.35/liter gas in Canada, this car would probably sell well. I have the March 'Sense' version with A/C which would go sailing by the gas stations filled with Escalades, $$ SUV's and F250 drivers gassing up donating $200-$250 a pop to big oil and the government tax coffers. Most of the cars down here are standards, including the March. and they come a bit cheaper, but the redesigned automatic trannys get just as good if not better a gas mileage now. The amount of gas you put into a F250, a single tank full will get a March all the way from Puereto Vallarta Mexico to Vancouver Canada and you'd have gas left over.

No, you don't get the cushy comfort of soft patent leather seats, and big car/truck feel, all wheel drive, but you don't pay $60 grand for it either. This thing isn't a Bentley or driveway bling where the neighbors will go OOOOH.. lookit what the Jones's have, and you puff out with the pride of $$ ownership ... it's practical transportation. What's not to like?
    Last edited by MortimerSnerd; 06-11-2022 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MortimerSnerd For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (06-14-2022)

Thanks
    I'm thinking Nissan should bring the March/Micra back to Canada......High oil prices are here to stay for the time being, and before folks transition to electric cars(as we will, as they come down in price, and the batteries become more efficient) there should be an option for an affordable reliable small car that is affordable to run, and affordable to repair. Its not for nothing the March is one of Mexico's top selling cars. If they can withstand the cobblestone roads of PV, they can withstand anything.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HammyJ View Post
    I'm thinking Nissan should bring the March/Micra back to Canada......High oil prices are here to stay for the time being, and before folks transition to electric cars(as we will, as they come down in price, and the batteries become more efficient) there should be an option for an affordable reliable small car that is affordable to run, and affordable to repair. Its not for nothing the March is one of Mexico's top selling cars. If they can withstand the cobblestone roads of PV, they can withstand anything.....
    ... the Micra was discontinued for several reasons.. In a market where big, big and bigger is better (or was) and driveway bling and curb appeal meant everything, in that market segment the Micra fell short... like the Smart Car it's a grocery getter and not much else. In the once upon a time land of $1.10 gas, the F150 was king and with a quad or sno-cat in the back.. it looked good. The Canadian market had no room for gas sippers... the guzzlers reigned supreme. ChaChing... Big Oil was happy, the governments raked in the tax money and the banksters smiled because everything was financed for 60 months.

Nissan make a lot of money on $30- $50 grand SUV's and light trucks... they have no interest in selling a thrifty $15 grand vehicle in a market that will easily support twice the price or more. The environment?... Nissan couldn't care less. Their shareholders demand profits, that's all that counts. Mexicans make 1/4 the wages Canadians make, and so that's what the market will bear.

You will never see the Micra sold in Canada, because the market will bear more... much more.

Last edited by MortimerSnerd; 06-14-2022 at 08:53 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MortimerSnerd For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (06-14-2022)