Thread: proper gps on screen

Thanks

proper gps on screen

I have a Micra SR and would love to have a gps capability that would display on the screen and provide sound through the cars speaker system.
    Do any of you know if this is doable, or have you actually done it? If so what was the cost and could you provide details of who to contact for doing this.
    Thanks

Thanks
    It is, but you will have to buy an aftermarket head unit to do so. You can expect to pay around a grand for a quality head unit that can do it.

I am researching the Aussie micra. They have nav built in. The issue is trying to see if there is a North american map package for it, and see if there is an additional GPS antenna mounted somewhere. I have noticed they do use a different antenna then us.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (12-19-2015)

Thanks
    bumping this thread.. i bought my micra expecting the nav, and it turns out it doesn't come with it.. would love to hear any good suggestion.. the dealership told me that it's going to cost me 1.5k to get it installed.

Thanks
    On the screen and through the speakers would be cool...but for that kind of cash I will have to stick with a phone holder

http://m.ebay.com/itm/191490026763

I seen this on ebay. Asking seller if the map works in canada.
    It has some incredible features. Like uses canbus( steering wheel controls if equipt ) can display ecu readouts from obd2 connector with an add on dongle, same with wifi hot spot. The list goes on. Might be good if the navi works here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It does work with out car as from what i can see, the gps antenna is internal within the head unit. Still not sure if the maps are updateable to N/A standard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

1.This unit comes with map for North America.
    2.This navigation will work perfectly in Canada.
    We will send you a free map card after your payment!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Id say its worth a shot.

Thanks
    Looks like it can connect to rear view camera as well, so it would swap with SV+conv as well as SR

Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18