Thread: Rental Car! 2015 Yaris vs. Micra comparison... Miss my Micra!

Thanks

Rental Car! 2015 Yaris vs. Micra comparison... Miss my Micra!

Name:  9868_cc0640_032_209.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  12.7 KB

Well,
    I have the Micra towed away due to being rear-ended. and I'm now driving a fairly fresh Yaris Hatch, Automatic.

Notes of comparison.
    I want my car back!
    Really the Yaris isn't as bad as it sounds - quick list after a couple of days.

Pro's

- Comfortably Fits a Large Tim's coffee in the front cup holders! This is almost a selling point as I complain about it to myself every day in the Micra!!!
    - a good number of little storage holds and pockets. love that!
    - power delivery on the auto is actually not to bad...sluggish shifts occasionally, but that is usually me trying to force a shift earlier than the auto wants.
    - comfortably fits a Large Tim's Coffee! yes I listed this twice..but really important to me!
    - a real fuel gauge

Con's

- uncomfortable to sit in
    - ergos are not good for myself at 6'
    - hatch space sucks!
    - revs higher than the Micra, This could be auto verse manual...not sure, but at nearly 3900 while doing an indicated 100 kmh
    - doesn't seem to have adjustable intermittent wipers
    - really don't like the notchy left/right movement on the auto transmission...lots of manufactures are doing it now, but annoying
    - I don't find the Bluetooth to be as clear as the mirca and have had too dropped calls on it, not sure if that is related or not though.
    - the seat belt receivers that are even with the surface normally are very hard for my 6 year to buckle himself in..if you pull them out he can do it, but they always fall back in.
    - very small glove box! I love the second Micra trunk in the front passenger seat!

Anyway...shop just called and I should have my car back tomorrow...

--

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham18ce For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-17-2015)

Thanks
    Both of my rentals so far have had a big H on the grill and I have not liked either. The first one was a sonata sport which was fast and had all the bells and whistles but felt really cheap when driving down the road. The second one is just terrible it is an accent again with all the bells and toys but when I drive it down the road it feels like a cheap Korean toy. I would rather drive a five year old piece of Japanese engineered iron than these brand new cars. IMO ten years from now there will be Mexican built Japanese engineered micras still on the road still running strong while many of these H cars are lined up waiting for the crusher.

Thanks
    Too many Micras getting smacked into these days.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I hear ya. Love the micra, but this touches on the two beefs I have.. I would like an analog fuel gauge and a proper analog temperature gauge. I know we are at the bottom of the lineup, but even my 1989 Dodge omni has a heat guage. But yes. A lot of manufacturers are going to idiot lights instead of guages.

And yes. The cupholder in the micras a bit awkward.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I understand losing the temp gauge, but I like that my old Echo at least had a cold engine light.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    I can do without the temp light. I'm usually good for starting and warming. Driving easier until warmed...
    But the fuel gauge sucks...I really do like having a gauge I can see move, not just the last light go out, and then suddenly how far can I go? I just had an 1/8th of a tank! is gone!
    The Yaris does have a cold engine light...

--

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...