Thread: Rental Car! 2015 Yaris vs. Micra comparison... Miss my Micra!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Rental Car! 2015 Yaris vs. Micra comparison... Miss my Micra!

Name:  9868_cc0640_032_209.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  12.7 KB

Well,
    I have the Micra towed away due to being rear-ended. and I'm now driving a fairly fresh Yaris Hatch, Automatic.

Notes of comparison.
    I want my car back!
    Really the Yaris isn't as bad as it sounds - quick list after a couple of days.

Pro's

- Comfortably Fits a Large Tim's coffee in the front cup holders! This is almost a selling point as I complain about it to myself every day in the Micra!!!
    - a good number of little storage holds and pockets. love that!
    - power delivery on the auto is actually not to bad...sluggish shifts occasionally, but that is usually me trying to force a shift earlier than the auto wants.
    - comfortably fits a Large Tim's Coffee! yes I listed this twice..but really important to me!
    - a real fuel gauge

Con's

- uncomfortable to sit in
    - ergos are not good for myself at 6'
    - hatch space sucks!
    - revs higher than the Micra, This could be auto verse manual...not sure, but at nearly 3900 while doing an indicated 100 kmh
    - doesn't seem to have adjustable intermittent wipers
    - really don't like the notchy left/right movement on the auto transmission...lots of manufactures are doing it now, but annoying
    - I don't find the Bluetooth to be as clear as the mirca and have had too dropped calls on it, not sure if that is related or not though.
    - the seat belt receivers that are even with the surface normally are very hard for my 6 year to buckle himself in..if you pull them out he can do it, but they always fall back in.
    - very small glove box! I love the second Micra trunk in the front passenger seat!

Anyway...shop just called and I should have my car back tomorrow...
    --

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham18ce For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-17-2015)