Rental Car! 2015 Yaris vs. Micra comparison... Miss my Micra!
I have the Micra towed away due to being rear-ended. and I'm now driving a fairly fresh Yaris Hatch, Automatic.
Notes of comparison.
I want my car back!
Really the Yaris isn't as bad as it sounds - quick list after a couple of days.
- Comfortably Fits a Large Tim's coffee in the front cup holders! This is almost a selling point as I complain about it to myself every day in the Micra!!!
- a good number of little storage holds and pockets. love that!
- power delivery on the auto is actually not to bad...sluggish shifts occasionally, but that is usually me trying to force a shift earlier than the auto wants.
- comfortably fits a Large Tim's Coffee! yes I listed this twice..but really important to me!
- a real fuel gauge
- uncomfortable to sit in
- ergos are not good for myself at 6'
- hatch space sucks!
- revs higher than the Micra, This could be auto verse manual...not sure, but at nearly 3900 while doing an indicated 100 kmh
- doesn't seem to have adjustable intermittent wipers
- really don't like the notchy left/right movement on the auto transmission...lots of manufactures are doing it now, but annoying
- I don't find the Bluetooth to be as clear as the mirca and have had too dropped calls on it, not sure if that is related or not though.
- the seat belt receivers that are even with the surface normally are very hard for my 6 year to buckle himself in..if you pull them out he can do it, but they always fall back in.
- very small glove box! I love the second Micra trunk in the front passenger seat!
Anyway...shop just called and I should have my car back tomorrow...
View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...