Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 1.6 HR16DE Modifications

Thanks
    ^That's actually a very good point I didnt even consider. The chassis itself. North America currently has the most powerful micra. Aussies Get the 1.3L, UK and Euro get the 1.2, JDM is a 1.5 or 1.2L, India gets a 1.2... North america gets the 1.6L.

Canadian ones get some minor suspension stuff like rollbars.. But like the frame mounts. What's that engineered to take? Axles? Cv joints?

Its a lot to consider, and it makes me wonder why in the micra cup, they didnt choose much in the way for power upgrades.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ^Oop! Im corrected.. The HR12DDT makes 112hp. 4 more hp then ours. Not sure which market has that one, but Wikipedia says it exists.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Production class series..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

The hr12ddt also makes more torque and so does the 15DE

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    15de makes 109 ft/lbs, ours makes 107.. Not really worth splitting hairs over. And yes. The DDT engine makes more then both of them.

If anything, the K9K diesel probably makes more torque then all of them. Point still remains, micra is designed for a certain range of power and you're probably going to have to upgrade some other bits if you want to increase it.

The point I was making was torque is what would twist your chassis. Not hp.
    And Nissan must know something we don't because the juke which has the same frame but double the tq/hp has a brace going to the strut. So does the Altima. But micra has no brace on the top end.

Also in my case, if you opened up your intake and exhaust without adding more fuel then really the tq has likely decreased due to less back pressure, not increased.

Once you add more fuel and air and ease restrictiveness that when more power is added and yea I guess you could break something.
    But from what I've observed from Nissan and impul .. Cars are often de-tuned and restricted, also building a 100hp engine that can only handle 100hp doesn't do it any justice, which is why they are designed to handle more, so they can be reliable.

If you think the chassis to weak, maybe you should contact impul cuz their Jukes ( same frame ) are running 310hp (190hp stock) and no uprated internals or transmission.

Their transmission is in the same series as the micras.
    As far as the transmission is concerned add better lube, monitor temps, if it's too hot ( unlikely )
    Add a cooler.
    Uprated the clutch pack.
    Brakes.. Probably a good idea if you add more power.

As we found out thx to a member, z32 4pot front brakes are a direct bolt-on
    If you use a 10mm spacer behind the rotor, and you need long hub bolts to do this.

The point I'm getting to is 50% power increase is generally ok. Better if you use better lube,oil,filters.
    100% increase- absolutely requires more attention as most engines/transmissions will start to lose their reliability and crap out on you.

If your really worried you might twist your chassis off the line, body braces. The micra has like, I swear, 8 braces you can buy.
    4 underneath, front strut, rear strut, rear bumper, and I think there's ones that you can put in the front fenders. Which would make 9.
    Plus roll cage ... Mmmmmmm.. Rigid

Intake + cat back = not much difference ... There's no remap.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by IMPUL; 12-06-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks
    50%?

50% more hp, or around 160hp would probably be just fine. You could probably even get away with it without retuning the Ecu.. Well maybe. I dont think any of us really knows what the micra's fuel map looks like. There is some flex in stock fuel maps.

And it would probably be a blast in this thing. But when I'm thinking mods, Im thinking more of the 250-310 range. And I think it could be attained with a good turbo setup. Could you imagine 310hp in a micra? That would be awesome.

Potentially if you do it all right, you could even do a gas miser setup with a turbo like how ford and mazda are doing with the skyactiv/ecoboost thing..

Something like the thread over here.. http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...arch%29-HR16DE

The quashai turbo kit. Or however its spelled.. They say it makes 149hp.. Through a cvt.. Id imagine if you put that onto a 5 speed manual you might be in the 160 range.. The trick would be plumbing it.

(edit)
    Just did some looking.. If you dont have the AC condensor, there is more then enough room to run the intercooler through the left hand side. Might need some interesting fab work with the intake tubes but it is totally possible. We know that the injen intake adds 5hp in itself from what we see from the versa cousins.

Could be onto something here.
    Last edited by Howie; 12-06-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks
    Oh my god.. Its so angry!

The hr15de super charger adds 32hp but because of where the oil has to be filled we can use it on the hr16de.
    Others have used the tf035 turbo which I believe is the juke turbo. It's not very reliable.
    I could see 160hp - 160tq being the upper limit of reliability. The ecu could be tricked to run the cold enrichment table.
    Lots of fuelling on that map.

But going above that dollar vs hp vs reliable the juke swap makes sense to me.

190hp stock. 1044kg = 5.5kg/hp hr16 109hp to 1044kg = 9.6kg/hp

Impul tuned juke engine
    310hp 1044kg =3.36kg/hp
    Gtr vr38dett
    580hp 1044kg = 1.8kg/hp

Remember the juke R ? While if the juke engine bay can fit it... The micra can.
    But $$$$$$$$$. There were too many mods made to count to make it work for the juke.

The turbos that I've seen that would work on this car run out around 200-250hp.
    Most of them require high psi for that.

To much flow for the current air flow sensor, and injectors.
    At lower psi they produce 120-170hp

Doesn't seem like much fun for all that effort.
    Last edited by IMPUL; 12-06-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks
    Still.. 120-170 would be a ball if that's the most we can do.