Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Tires - Ordered Finally!

Thanks

Winter Tires - Ordered Finally!

Well, After much digging around i decided to try another set of no name Winter tires on my car.
    I ordered Minerva ECO STUD in 185/60R15 to swap on to the factory Rims...Will look into Alloys for next spring.
    i ran similar tires on my last car and didn't have any issues with them. They are the cheapest, but not far from it either...$56 a tire was the cheapest Winter tire i could find...at PMCTire.com

price came to $261 plus tax....295.24 w tax, free shipping from Quebec.
    http://www.quattrotires.com/ is where i ordered from

Hope to get these on next week after my trip to Brockville.

Cheers...

--

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Anything I ordered from PMC tire the delivery came within 2 days after ordering. Quite a surprise when even my local mail takes 3 days.

I haven't bought from quattrotires although I have been there comparing before I went with PMC. Post back your thoughts on delivery, condition of tires, etc. just to let others know. PMC has gotten my business twice this month now and I would recommend at least checking them out. Prices/delivery/setting up your tires with stems/weights/rim install all good and professional.

Thanks
    I was checking out PMC as well...But i happen to stumble on the Quattrotires and they were 4.50 per tire cheaper. I had no experience with either company so figured the $20 in my pocket will go to installing the rubber on the rims.
    --

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    You made a good choice. Anything would be better than the dealerships. Mine wanted $80 for a steel wheel, offered 1 free tire if I bought 4 and there was no deal in any of this. You would think with all the competition out there all the dealerships
    would stop living off the avails of the car manufacturer and try to drum up its customers business by offering comparable if not better prices. For the time being it's their loss and our gain.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eddy For This Useful Post:

BienGuy (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    I got mine from tirecraft in port hope. 185/65/15 some cheap infinity brand $305.00 installed. The ones for the juke were 16 inch ice pro different brand $875.00 installed. Paid my $1200.00 put the eight tires in the micra hatch and backseat which still left the front seat open for the hitchiker I picked up on the way back to Peterborough!

Thanks
    You must have driven in to locate tires. Tirecraft online, like most tire sellers won't or don't post the price of tires. They want folks to call or drive in, but in this day and age with internet, they are losing big time in sales and it's there own fault. With the few on line sellers who do list prices I for one am thankful I can at least price compare, even if its with Costco or Canadian Tire.

I just went on Tirecraft and put in both my vehicles and this was the result ---

"We're sorry! We do not have tires online that match the criteria you searched for. You can refine your search, or contact your local Tirecraft dealer for further information, availability and pricing."

Sorry but it ain't gonna happen.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy View Post
    You must have driven in to locate tires. Tirecraft online, like most tire sellers won't or don't post the price of tires. They want folks to call or drive in, but in this day and age with internet, they are losing big time in sales and it's there own fault. With the few on line sellers who do list prices I for one am thankful I can at least price compare, even if its with Costco or Canadian Tire.

I just went on Tirecraft and put in both my vehicles and this was the result ---

"We're sorry! We do not have tires online that match the criteria you searched for. You can refine your search, or contact your local Tirecraft dealer for further information, availability and pricing."

Sorry but it ain't gonna happen.
    Ha , believe it or not I found them on kijiji of all places.
    It seems that someone at the port hope tirecraft listed a bunch of new tires on there.But when I called of coarse they didn't have the ones for the juke that they had on kijiji for five hundred were sold out and the person who I was talking to didn't list the tires so he was asking me the prices. Anyways I agreed to get the ice pros for the juke with steelies for eight hundred installed. They had the kijiji tires for the micra in stock and they were three o five installed on the stock steelies.

Thanks
    I'll have to take the kids seats out likely to get the tires in car! might get one in the back, and two in the passenger seat?
    Hahaha
    oh well, i'll feel young again without the car seats!
    --

Thanks
    Tires were dropped at my house on Friday. Completely happen with the service so far...
    I'll take them to get mounted in a day or two...
    --

Thanks
    Bought tires from Quattro.com they are 185/60/R15 Maxtrek M7. Ordered them on Nov 24 and have received them today. Tires look good I have attached some pictures. I am very happy with the site and service.
    Name:  20151130_212428.jpg
Views: 1499
Size:  89.4 KB
    Name:  20151130_212421.jpg
Views: 1608
Size:  92.5 KB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicra For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (11-30-2015)