Thread: Service Schedule??

Thanks

Question Service Schedule??

Hey Gang,

I've always done all my own car maintenance/repairs. Just about to do first oil change while weather is bearable for doing so outside. Just over 5k on engine. Refilling with synthetic oil. Looking through all my owners manuals that came in glove box, I can't find a maintenance schedule that shows when each fluid/item requires inspection/replacing. Even going to the oil change section in owners manual, there's no mention of mileage between oil changes. Am I missing an owners booklet/manual for maintenance? I've scrolled through several posts, and learned that oil change intervals as per Nissan are 8000km. Is this in writing anywhere? Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Papapoil For This Useful Post:

19Howie73 (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Do you have this book? It is all inside.I just keep the receipt from the nissan oil filter and snap a pic of my odometer everychange.Also get the large Nissan filter not the micra one it costs the same or less.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

19Howie73 (11-08-2015),MetroMPG (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks Papapoil for the Link.

Thanks Pete for the pics. Nissan doesn't have a dealership in Keswick, so I just went with Fram. Not overly happy with size of Fram, but I see they also make a longer version. I'll have to price the dealers filters, but there's a good chance I'll be upgrading to top of the line Trasko re-usable oil filter at next oil change.

I found my service and maintenance guide! When I opened the pre-packaged manuals, there were two booklets of identical size. One had title "Warranty information" and the other had a French title, which I never even bothered to closely look at, I just assumed they were the same books in different languages. I now see that each book is a different subject, one cover side in English, opposite cover side in French. I just had to flip the French book over. Definitely a Homer Simpson "D'OH" moment for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

It actually says to change the break-in oil at 2,000km in the owners manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    In my manual first oil change is 8,000km.

How can it be so different from country to country?

Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    It actually says to change the break-in oil at 2,000km in the owners manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...