Thanks
    ...More from BC:

Name:  12_resize.jpg
Views: 1922
Size:  31.0 KB

Name:  14_resize.jpg
Views: 1657
Size:  67.3 KB
    Now just outside of Field BC, on our way to Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park...

Name:  15_resize.jpg
Views: 1634
Size:  38.7 KB
    Definitely more Micra In The Mountains...

Name:  16_resize.jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  17_resize.jpg
Views: 1726
Size:  46.1 KB
    The Falls are spectacular!

Name:  18_resize.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  57.3 KB
    Now visiting the Kicking Horse Rest Area and Park Bridge

Name:  19_resize.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  59.5 KB
    Spending the day at Kimberly BC (can you spot the Little Guy? He's in the middle somewhere...)

Name:  20_resize.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  61.8 KB
    On the way back home, stopping for a rest & the scenery at the Kootenay Valley Viewpoint

Have a great week everyone!

Nice!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Micra In The Mountains For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-06-2017)

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilZilla View Post
    My 2015 Nissan Micra aka Lil Zilla Attachment 3763Attachment 3764
    That's one sweet ride, thanks for sharing!
    Nice!

Thanks
    While driving thru southern AB and southeastern BC we noticed quite a few other Micras but they all had the AB rental car license plates, which is kinda interesting...
    Nice!

Thanks
    Thanks for the pics, M.i.t.m. Looks like a beautiful road trip.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for the pics, M.i.t.m. Looks like a beautiful road trip.
    It was, and we had no problems finding a parking spot at any of these places either!
    Nice!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micra In The Mountains View Post
    It was, and we had no problems finding a parking spot at any of these places either!
    How was the gas mileage going through "the pass?" How was the car in general going through the mountains of the southern interior?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    How was the gas mileage going through "the pass?" How was the car in general going through the mountains of the southern interior?
    We were averaging around 5.7 L per 100 km for the entire trip, as per the trip computer. In the mountains (depending on the incline) we would get 8 to 10+ litres per 100 km going up 6% to 8% grades, although some sections of the road from Invermere to Panorama and from Field to Takakkaw Falls were fairly steep. We used 2nd gear quite a lot, and 1st gear on some really steep switchbacks on the way up to Takakkaw Falls (larger vehicles, campers and buses that couldn't turn around had to go backwards up and down the switchback):

Name:  34589944_Xdhgf-XL-1.jpg
Views: 1727
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1946.jpg
Views: 1855
Size:  97.9 KB

Here's a video on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUYizM0qisA

This is one of those times we really did appreciate the Micra's tight turning circle!

Gas prices at Fairmont, Golden, Canmore and Invermere averaged around $1.15 to $1.17 per litre of regular over Canada Day Long Weekend, so a full tank would come to about $40+. For the entire round trip (about 2000+ km from Edmonton to the Kootenays & back) we probably spent about $150 or so for gas.

It was just my wife and I with our luggage so Little Guy wasn't too weighed down to keep up with highway traffic and pass slower vehicles going uphill.
    Last edited by Micra In The Mountains; 07-29-2017 at 11:46 PM.
    Nice!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Micra In The Mountains For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-11-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micra In The Mountains View Post
    We were averaging around 5.7 L per 100 km for the entire trip, as per the trip computer. In the mountains (depending on the incline) we would get 8 to 10 plus litres per 100 km going up 6% to 8% grades, although some sections of the road from Invermere to Panorama and from Field to Takakkaw Falls were fairly steep. We used 2nd gear quite a lot, and 1st gear on some really steep switchbacks on the way up to Takakkaw Falls (larger vehicles, campers and buses that couldn't turn around had to go backwards up and down the switchback):

Name:  34589944_Xdhgf-XL-1.jpg
Views: 1727
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1946.jpg
Views: 1855
Size:  97.9 KB

Here's a video on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUYizM0qisA

This is one of those times we really did appreciate the Micra's tight turning circle!

Gas prices at Fairmont, Golden, Canmore and Invermere averaged around $1.15 to $1.17 per litre of regular over Canada Day Long Weekend, so a full tank would come to about $40+. For the entire round trip (about 2000+ km from Edmonton to the Kootenays & back) we probably spent about $150 or so for gas.

It was just my wife and I with our luggage so Little Guy wasn't too weighed down to keep up with highway traffic and pass slower vehicles going uphill.
    Those switchbacks remind of me when I was in school and we were going to Silver Star Ski Resort outside of Vernon, BC. The school bus had such a hard time driving up the mountain, it was kind of scary. I remember coming back when it was dark. I don't know how the driver could see.
    The Micra is going to be the smallest car that I have ever taken through the Rogers Pass, Kicking Horse Pass etc. It's also going to be the smallest engine I have ever driven into the mountains. The speed limits have been raised in some areas of the Southern Interior. Just wasn't sure how the Micra is in limits of 90 km/h, especially hills outside of Field, Golden, BC etc. I wonder how it would handle? I think of coming up Highway 93 South from Invermere. Steep!!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABMicra17 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-11-2017),Micra In The Mountains (08-06-2017)

Thanks
    Canadian Tire had another sale today, so we thought we'd complete "Little Guy's Canadian Tire Collection" by adding a chrome exhaust tip and new wheel covers in addition to the splash guards we bought for him last year:

Name:  01_resize.jpg
Views: 1523
Size:  88.7 KB

Name:  02_resize.jpg
Views: 1686
Size:  90.5 KB

Name:  03_resize.jpg
Views: 1508
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  04_resize.jpg
Views: 1701
Size:  90.5 KB

Name:  05_resize.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  06_resize.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  07_resize.jpg
Views: 1691
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  08_resize.jpg
Views: 1612
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  09_resize.jpg
Views: 1535
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  10_resize.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  79.4 KB
    The Collection is now complete! Those cheap Canadian Tire wheel covers look better on him than the factory Nissan wheel covers, we think...
    Nice!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    Those switchbacks remind of me when I was in school and we were going to Silver Star Ski Resort outside of Vernon, BC. The school bus had such a hard time driving up the mountain, it was kind of scary. I remember coming back when it was dark. I don't know how the driver could see.
    The Micra is going to be the smallest car that I have ever taken through the Rogers Pass, Kicking Horse Pass etc. It's also going to be the smallest engine I have ever driven into the mountains. The speed limits have been raised in some areas of the Southern Interior. Just wasn't sure how the Micra is in limits of 90 km/h, especially hills outside of Field, Golden, BC etc. I wonder how it would handle? I think of coming up Highway 93 South from Invermere. Steep!!!!
    In the late 90's we used to drive a '95 Suzuki Swift, 1.3L engine with about 70 hp and a 5 speed manual. It was "challenging" to take that down the Coquihalla, particularly on the steeper sections. With about 39 more hp, the Micra is definitely more capable, especially under load. Again don't expect Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat or Demon levels of torque, but I'd recommend manually downshifting to the lower gears (1st or 2nd) and don't push the little 1.6L too hard up steep inclines and you should do fine. We were staying in Farmont during our road trip and took Highway 95 from there up to Golden then the #1 to Field, Takakkaw Falls & back, with no complaints from the Little Guy. Taking Highway 93 thru Vermilion Crossing was a pleasant drive, all the road construction notwithstanding. This was before the BC fires started to affect the Kootenays, hopefully they're not doing too badly out there...

Last edited by Micra In The Mountains; 07-29-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    Nice!