Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HR16DE light turbo kit (fits Micra 1.6L K13)

Thanks
    So something like this:

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/produc...kit/index.html

Run off the AC condenser pulley?

Thanks
    Thats the right idea.. Remove the AC condensor and stick that in where it was.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    *checking in couch for $4000

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sorry if this is a bad question... I'm new to this forum. I saw discussion about an HR16DE turbo kit and it caught my attention. I have a 2012 Versa SL with the 1.6 and it's nearly impossible to find aftermarket parts here in the USA. I'd also love to get my hands on the Impul body kit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschnitzel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Welcome, Foschnitzel

Not a bad question at all.

I'm a little surprised/disappointed that it's hard to find aftermarket stuff for the Versa in the States. I would have thought because it sells so well there would be some more options (the Versa is often the best-selling car in the U.S. subcompact segment, month after month).

Are you thinking of adding the turbo to your car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes! Definitely want turbo. Just a little boost... and a custom ECU tune. I don't really want to tear into the motor to upgrade the internals. I can't find internals anyway... not even cams. I'm contemplating the pros and cons of a custom built cold air intake vs short ram but I don't expect much difference between the two. I'm also wanting performance exhaust. It's just a daily driver/ road trip car. It would be nice to gain a little more power though. I'm not a fan of the CVT either. To be honest, my mechanical knowledge is limited more toward earlier automobiles so I don't know much about the the transmission. It certainly feels like it's struggling just to move a lot of the time. I mean... my 1.3 pzev focus was a monster compared to this thing.
    Thank you for your reply!

Thanks
    I assume you're on the Versa forums too.. really no turbo threads over there?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have difficulty getting responses to my questions or they get deleted because I posted it in the wrong place.

Thanks
    Most likely be better to have a engine swap (from HR16 to MR16 turbo in Nissan Juke) or just another car
    Last edited by nephy; 06-04-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foschnitzel View Post
    Yes! Definitely want turbo. Just a little boost... and a custom ECU tune. I don't really want to tear into the motor to upgrade the internals. I can't find internals anyway... not even cams. I'm contemplating the pros and cons of a custom built cold air intake vs short ram but I don't expect much difference between the two. I'm also wanting performance exhaust. It's just a daily driver/ road trip car. It would be nice to gain a little more power though. I'm not a fan of the CVT either. To be honest, my mechanical knowledge is limited more toward earlier automobiles so I don't know much about the the transmission. It certainly feels like it's struggling just to move a lot of the time. I mean... my 1.3 pzev focus was a monster compared to this thing.
    Thank you for your reply!
    I've heard there is an HR16DE for the Nissan Note (Versa Note) Nismo S in Japan 2017 spec that comes with a 140bhp N/A same as our engine, however they advertise dedicated cams and internals. If you can get a hold of a Japanese Nissan dealer, perhaps buying these separately can hold better potential numbers. This is something I'd like to do, find out how they went from 109 to 140 with the same block, unlock the true potential.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNHLRD80LvY