Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: want to make more power

Thanks

want to make more power

hi, my goal is to make my micra a little bit faster when merging on the highway and such, and maybe to show off a little bit.

with the stock engine and transmission im guessing 120-130hp would be a reliable number. so im thinking if i can get an exhaust and intake with a tune i could maybe add 5 or so hp bringing it up to 115ish, so i somehow need to get an extra 5-15hp.

what im thinking is bigger fuel injectors and stronger coils. possibly fitting and intake off of the kicks would work if it fits.

what does everyone think, how much power would these mods add and/or what would you do to add more power.

Thanks
    Man you are doing something wrong if you cant merge easily with traffic on hwy. My cruising speed is 130-140kmh everyday and never ever had a problem on acceleration lane. Can easily merge with 120kmh traffic. Knowing that legal limit is 100kmh then you should not have to worry about micras acceleration.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    Man you are doing something wrong if you cant merge easily with traffic on hwy. My cruising speed is 130-140kmh everyday and never ever had a problem on acceleration lane. Can easily merge with 120kmh traffic. Knowing that legal limit is 100kmh then you should not have to worry about micras acceleration.
    I can merge fine, i just want to be able to do it faster, i went from a 450hp pickup to a 320hp car down to a 109hp hatchback, id just like more umph in the acceleration to be able to match the speed of atleast a 2003 honda civic.

Thanks
    Then go for 2003 civic
    5-10hp wont help to compete with civics. Plus considering all extra work to put to get Extra 10hp Its better to trade in micra and add all your time that you are willing to spend on customization and cost of parts towards purchasing new or relatively new civic or any other car with more horsepower.
    Last edited by Plutus; 08-28-2020 at 09:53 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (10-15-2020)

Thanks
    I wonder what the Micra Race series guys and gals do to their engines or does it have to be stock to race?

Thanks
    Get a custom made 2" cat-back exhaust made at Midas or something. You won't believe how restrictive your exhaust system is until you actually look at it. There is a point between the cat and resonator that is barely 35mm. Trust me, crawl under there with some calipers, you will see it. A little 1.6L can actual perform the way you want once it can breathe.
    Last edited by NotASportsCar; 09-30-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks
    nitrous...still never installed the 80211 zex kit i have in the garage. a bad purchase on ebay...lol
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    The ones in the micra cup just have a few thing like air filter and axle back exhaust so they pretty much are stock...

Thread: Exact micra cup performance parts available (from MIA - NISMO)

Last edited by MetroMPG; 10-05-2020 at 03:37 PM. Reason: (added info to post)

Thanks
    i will more than likely be getting a fukk exhaust and possibly headers to go into it at some point, im thinking longtube 4-2, into cross pipe and 2 out in the middle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    hi, my goal is to make my micra a little bit faster when merging on the highway and such, and maybe to show off a little bit.

with the stock engine and transmission im guessing 120-130hp would be a reliable number. so im thinking if i can get an exhaust and intake with a tune i could maybe add 5 or so hp bringing it up to 115ish, so i somehow need to get an extra 5-15hp.

what im thinking is bigger fuel injectors and stronger coils. possibly fitting and intake off of the kicks would work if it fits.

what does everyone think, how much power would these mods add and/or what would you do to add more power.
    The Kicks idea won't work. It uses a totally different intake manifold with intake manifold runners and a specific tune with the CVT to make those numbers.

Installing a custom ECU is pretty much your only option for our Micras. "Luckily" we're the only region with the K13 and HR16DE. We have the biggest naturally aspirated engine you can get in a Micra but also zero support from the tuning community..

Your only real option is to look at Japanese performance parts for their Nismo variant and 3rd party Japanese tuning/performance companies.

There are some threads on here about different throttle bodies. I think variants of the MR20DE throttle body will adapt to our engines.

If you can find someone who knows what they're doing to install ECU management and properly tune your Micra, you're best off with a custom I/H/E, throttle body and tune. If you really want to splurge, get the Nismo LSD and a better clutch and stiffen the crap out of the chassis. You'll need to make/modify your engine and transmission mounts as well (threads on that here).

I don't think you'll be able to find plug and play dual injectors to swap out the OEM ones for, nor do i think you'll run into any fueling issues unless you're boosting it. I doubt swapping coils will net you anything. You could go through the trouble of running copper plugs but you'd have to rip the intake manifold off to change them constantly. Not worth it for anything that's not a track car. You won't see any gains there on a mildly modified Micra..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to spacewolf For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (10-15-2020)