Thread: Hello, first time posting, new here!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello, first time posting, new here!

Hello all! I have never posted in a forum but thought I'd give this one a go since i've had an increasing number of problems with my Micra, in case anyone else is too. I would recommend for people to really be cautious when buying a Micra, my experience has been horrendous.

It's starting to look like if I have results I should get a lawyer & go to the media.

I have had a horrible experience with Nissan Micra, from the financing at the start to now (having had the 2015 Micra for less than 1 year). Not even 1 year has passed and it is falling apart, from the hoodlatch literally falling out (within the first few months), to the hood no longer opening, the brakes sinking, the vibration of the brakes and the seat (and no it is NOT due to braking period) and the lovely rattling noise that accompanies you throughout your trip. It doesn't even matter if I get these problems fixed because it's inevitable that a new one will just pop up. Even when I try to get the car brought in so Nissan can find a solution I am told I will lose all the money I put down for my car if I want to trade in, even though the car is only at 5300km (and yes, thats 5300 not 53,000). Absolutely disappointed with your support when something goes wrong. If a product is faulty you provide a replacement, not tell the customer "too bad so sad thanks for putting X amount down, to trade in you will now lose all your money and your monthly payment will be more".

Please let me know if anyone else is having these types of problems, I intend on contacting Nissan Corporate on Monday morning to force them to deal with this problem because I don't believe I should be penalized for their faulty product.

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. Is your micra an automatic transmission?

Thanks
    Thanks! It is an Automatic yes

Thanks
    i've owned my micra for over a year now and use it daily as a delivery driver so alot of stopping engine starting engine in a day. I've never heard any sounds or had any problems with it. at about 36,000 km. Also i drive pretty aggressively and hard on the engine but seems perfectly fine.

Thanks
    If anyone is following this thread, I thought I'd give an update. I took my micra in last week and was told the Brake Master Cylinders were the problem and they had to order a new part (this was apparently the cause of the brakes sinking and the vibration that resulted), and the rattling problem was due to a part in the engine having fallen out. Although the rattling noise has now subsided the brake issue has come back again after it being replaced so I will be taking it back next week.

There was a recall of the Brake Master Cylinder for the micras in India, it was a voluntary recall but I wonder if the problem is also in the ones sold to the Canadian market but a recall has not yet been issued. Here is the link to the recall for India: https://www.nissan.in/owners/volunta...formation.html

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azadeht For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (09-27-2015),ptbo micra (09-28-2015)

Thanks
    From the recall notice link:

Brake Master Cylinder

As part of its ongoing quality monitoring procedure Nissan has identified a potential defect in the master brake cylinder in a specific range of Micra and Sunny models produced between June 2012 to March 2013 – no other Nissan models or vehicles produced outside of this period are affected.

Your Micra is a 2015 (as is mine). Have there been further recalls?

Thanks for the information!

Thanks
    To my knowledge there have not been a recall placed for the Brake Master Cylinder for the 2015 Micras but it's interesting that the same part would break in my vehicle, I would be interested to see how many other 2015 Micra owners are experiencing the same issue. Also, they state that it is Micras produced in 2012 to 2013, not necessarily the year of the Micra (who knows, maybe they actually made a few 2015 Micras earlier and that batch has the same Brake Master Cylinder problem, just a theory though).

A quick update again as well, after they had replaced my Brake Master Cylinder, my brakes once again started to not only sink but there was no decrease in speed unless I made a hard brake, I took the Micra back in and they did confirm there was an issue and they have resolved it (again), and this was just after less than 2 weeks of getting my vehicle back! Fingers crossed it doesnt happen ever again.